Complaint Review: Florida Child Support

• Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: navyfcpo — Chula Vista California
Florida Child Support
921 N. Davis St., Bldg. A, Suite 150 Jacksonville, Florida USA

Florida Child Support Florida CSE Overcharged and failed to properly review case for proper finacial adjustments Jacksonville Florida

I am an Active Duty service member and have been serving on the other side of the country and around the world for the last three years. I had custody of my children prior to getting stationed in California, had an attorney and a judgement. While I had custody of my children, Florida CSE failed to collect any child support from my ex-wife through her lawyers ability to block CSE from collecting. Once I was denied my petition to relocate with my children because I was being stationed on the other side of the country in a deployable status, custody shifted back to my ex and a support order was filed.

She failed to report to the courts that I was making direct payments via checks directly to her, so with me already in California, I had no way of defending myself. That put me in arrears status for 6,000.00. She also had an income deduction order placed on me with 300 going towards arrears and 700 for the actual payments. This has been going on now for 3 years. according to my records 300/mo for three years is well over the arrears balance along with 2 IRS refunds being with held totaling 3,700.00. So either Florida CSE doesn't know how to do math or they are skimming off the top and the tax/child support paying citizens are being taken for.

I've made several attempts to get CSE to review my records since 2011 and during the review they wanted me to send information in which I did. Originally they were able to make a one time adjustment but now that I'm back from an 8 month deployment I'm being told I have to file a modification to what is already in the court order but they will not properly review it or correct/adjust my account to reflect that I am 10,000.00 in over payment but yet thier records reflect I'm still 4,000 out of 6,000 dollars in arrears still. How does this happen to an active duty service member that is serving his country overseas? How am I supposed to just up and afford another lawyer to have all this go before a judge just so my records can be properly reviewed in accordance with whats already currently written in the current court order? Where and who do I go to for help getting this severe errorness wrong doing corrected? I'm lost and I see no light at the end of the tunnel and there doesn't seem to be any means of getting it corrected without a substataintial finacial burden being put on me again. Someone please help me get this corrected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Child-Support/Jacksonville-Florida-32209-6804/Florida-Child-Support-Florida-CSE-Overcharged-and-failed-to-properly-review-case-for-prop-1122264. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Child Support