Complaint Review: Florida Classic Closets, Marc Gitlin

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By:Miramar FL
Florida Classic Closets, Marc Gitlin
5051 South State Road 7 #508 Davie, Florida United States of America

Florida Classic Closets, Marc Gitlin unprofessional, using foul language, ripoff Davie Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Complete Fabrication regarding incident with Florida Classic Closets

Marc Gitlin, an officer of Florida Classic Closets, Inc. came to my home for an estimate on a closet remodeling. We did not agree on a price or installation date, therefore, I told him I was going to obtain other estimates.

About 2 weeks later, he calls my home to ask when I wanted the installation done. I responded that I did not want it done by his company. He proceeded to say "Oh, so I get it you are going to F*** us instead!" i let hime know that this was part of the reason we were not doing business with him in the first place, which was his unprofessional nature. He told me he had a contract from me and that he had already cut all the wood and had all the materials prepared for installation. I let him know that we never had an agreement, verbal or written. At this point he continued to use foul language towards me and I hung up the telephone.

Debbie Davie, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2005 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Classic-Closets-Marc-Gitlin/Davie-Florida-33314/Florida-Classic-Closets-Marc-Gitlin-unprofessional-using-foul-language-ripoff-Davie-Flo-142861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Classic Closets, Marc Gitlin

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Complete Fabrication regarding incident with Florida Classic Closets

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

I didn't see this posting until now, which is about 1 1/2 years since the alledged incident.
How is it that a consumer can make an unsubstantiated claim and it is not be followed up for accuracy.

First of all, I was not the salesman who went to Debbie's house. Secondly, she signed a contract for the work to be done. Thirdly, after several attempts to contact her regarding installation, she finally returned our calls. Lastly, she was aggressive, nasty, and belligerent when I asked her why she was reneging on her contract after the wood was cut.

That is the real story. I sold the busines a year ago, but I still want the true story to be told. The only rip-off that occured is by Debbie not following up on her contract.
I hate to google my name and have this false claim come up.

Marc