Complaint Review: Florida Dental Centers

Florida Dental Centers
7481 Ulmerton Rd Largo, Florida United States of America

Florida Dental Centers Dentist Xray Rip-Off Largo, Florida

*Consumer Comment: I knew of a dentist who was a real TIGHTWAD-

*Consumer Comment: again a patient wanting something for nothing

*Consumer Comment: Suggestion

*Consumer Comment: Not at all unusual

I went to the Florida Dental Center in Largo because I had developed periodontal disease and was trying to find out what my options were. They gave me two potential options but pushed the option that required them to extract all of my remaining teeth and get full dentures I chose to weigh my options and when I returned for my next visit I was told that the first option was not available - when I asked about other treatment options I was  told that they were options but that Florida Dental Centers did not offer them.

I decided to get a second opinion and requested my x-rays,  they stated that if they referred me for a second opinion that they would send them to the Dentist they chose, but because I wanted a second opinion I would have to pay for the x-rays that my insurance had already paid for. What a Ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Dental-Centers/Largo-Florida-33771/Florida-Dental-Centers-Dentist-Xray-Rip-Off-Largo-Florida-711575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Dental Centers

I knew of a dentist who was a real TIGHTWAD-

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

He ended up needing some dental work of his own!

again a patient wanting something for nothing

AUTHOR: Woo - (USA)

I'm writting this so all of you patients that think you are entitled to a copy of your xrays at no cost will know that you are wrong. Sure you or your insurance company paid for the initial set but neither paid for a second set. The copy costs money, the paper they are printed on and the employee making the copies are paid both by the DENTST. When you have photos copied you are charged for them, they don't give them to you free. So anyone that thinks the dentist should eat that cost, your crazy!. This dentist wasn't charging you for the copy because you didn't want to go to the office he was referring you to, he charged because it cost him money. PLEASE NOT --->>>> ALL DENTIST'S HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO CHARGE YOU THE PATIENT, ATTORNEY ect. FOR ANY COPIES OF YOUR PATIENT FILE WHICH INCLUDES YOUR XRAYS. EXCLUDING 3RD PARTIES DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN YOUR TREATMENT eg. SPECIALITY DENTIST, MEDICAL DOCTORS and INSURANCE COMPANIES.
 SO GET OVER IT!

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Seek out a Periodontist not a Dentist.  Happened to me and I was referred to a Periodontist.  The poster is correct - x-rays usually are taken when seeing a new Dr. Good luck to you and take care of your mouth!

Not at all unusual

AUTHOR: Jake - (U.S.A.)

It is normal and allowed by the Board of Registration in Dentistry to charge for duplication of xrays. Insurance companies only pay for the first copy. If a patient wants/needs a copy for another opinion, the dental office has the right to charge for the materials and labor to duplicate them. Unfortuantely the law has changed and offices are not allowed to release original films for fear that they will get misplaced or lost.