Complaint Review: Florida Direct, Travel Life Go Direct, Lucid

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 29, 2007

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Florida Direct, Travel Life Go Direct, Lucid
6860 Golf Port Blvd Ste 148, 10500 Ulmerton Rd. Ste 728-305, 3993 Tyrone Blvd. Ste 608-149 South Pasadina, Largo, St.Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Direct, Travel Life Go Direct, Lucid Called offering free flight miles and hotel stay for keeping up good credit, associated themselves with Bank of America South Pasadina, St.Petersburg, Largo Florida

I received a Call from a company called Florida Direct on 6/11/07 Offering me Flight Valchurs and hotel acomandations for keeping good credit for the past 2 years. They afliliated themselves with Bank Of America, and even knew how many Accounts I hold with said bank, which is what made me think it's real.

With this great deal they also offered a 2weeks free trial of their services (as they were posing as a travel company) however they needed payment information should I choose to keep their services after my 2 week free trial. I was to recive My travel and Hotel valchures within a week, as well as canceling information.

After 2 weeks I noticed a charge to my account. I checked it out and on the "check" there were 2 phone numbers. I atempted to call both to cancell and have my money refunded. The 1st number I called directed me to the second number because they were unable to help with canceletions. I tride the second number, which went to an atomated system asking me to "hold for the next available operator" after waiting 5min the call got disconceted. I tride again, and again, with same results.

I still had the original phone number from which they called in my caller ID so I tride that. Again, I was give the 2 numbers that got me nowhere the 1st time. I talked to the poeole and they were "unable to help me, because it's not the department that deals with cancelations and refunds. I talked to 3 different people each time. they also had a caller ID and knew who was calling them.

I reported this as fraud to my Bank and was forced to put a hold a the account. The account is now blocked, but I still have acsess enough to see that to this day the fradulent company is still trying to pull money out using fradulent checks with a different company name every time.

Kamila
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2007 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Direct-Travel-Life-Go-Direct-Lucid/South-Pasadina-Largo-StPetersburg-Florida-33707-33771-33709/Florida-Direct-Travel-Life-Go-Direct-Lucid-Called-offering-free-flight-miles-and-hotel-s-257706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Direct, Travel Life Go Direct, Lucid