Complaint Review: Florida Energy Water & Air (Rainsoft)

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Dave — Altimonte Florida United States of America
Florida Energy Water & Air (Rainsoft)
1000 Sunshine Ln. Altimonte Springs, Florida United States of America

Florida Energy Water & Air (Rainsoft) Discovery Marketing Scam! Misrepresentations and scare tactics! Altimonte Springs, Florida

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: To linsjay

*Consumer Comment: Misleading

*Consumer Comment: Where are your facts ?

*Author of original report: Fired?

*UPDATE Employee: Mad you got fired ?

*Consumer Comment: Please stop the calls

*Consumer Comment: RainSoft Update

*Consumer Comment: Rainsoft SCAM

*General Comment: Rainsoft

If you ever get a call from a company claiming to be from Home Depot offering a water test for your home, hang up immediately! Florida Energy Water & Air (aka Rainsoft) calls homeowners to set up a no obligation free water test. They intend on selling you a water softner and air purifier for $8000 which by the way costs them less than $600, h**l of a mark up!

They will use simple water tests to convince you that your water is terrible and a health risk. The first test is what they call a 'Precipitation test'. This test is conducted using a sample of water straight from your tap and a 2nd sample of your tap water after being passed thru the miniature Rainsoft conditioner. They will add 2 chemicals to each sample that will coat what they call impurities in the waterand make them settle to the bottom of the jar.

These so-called impurities that you are seeing in the jar is nothing more than calcium. The salesperson will try to tell you that what you are seeing is a host of dangerous chemicals such as arsenic, cyanide, chromium etc... This is not true, dont believe it!

The next thing they do is try to scare you that the chlorine in the water will give you cancer! They will show you quotes from news agencies but will not validate these quotes from medical sources such as JAMA. Scare tactic!

The salesperson will also try to show you how much money you are wasting fighting your current dangerous water conditions. This is done to close you on a monthly payment. Use common sense here people.

The bottom line is you can get soft water by purchasing a water softner for around $300 at any local home improvement store instead of being ripped off thousands of dollars by this fraudulant company.

Don't believe me they're trying to rip you off? Sign the contract for $8000 and cancel the next day. They will try to resell the same piece of equipment to you as low as $1000! What does that tell you?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2011 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Energy-Water-Air-Rainsoft/Altimonte-Springs-Florida-/Florida-Energy-Water-Air-Rainsoft-Discovery-Marketing-Scam-Misrepresentations-and-sca-681415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Energy Water & Air (Rainsoft)

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

To linsjay

AUTHOR: Smiley - ()

First off, stop your lieing with the training . They do train sales people to lie just as you are taking the time to lie to the poor customer above who got ripped off . they train sales people to lie about equipment and warranty and what's covered under that lifetime warranty . Not only do they mistreat their customers but also their sales people too . The girl who responded to the above ad , you must be a bad rep and that's why you have not yet experienced the rath of them . If you were any good you'd be out selling and less time on line defending a deceptive co who's changed their name several times and gives every Rainsoft dealership a bad name!

Misleading

AUTHOR: papimillenium - ()

I can vouche for this original author as well as another customer complaining about the excessive use of *ome Depot and also that rainsoft never mentioned to me about florida energy and air and Rainsoft being one and the same. I am concerned others will continue to fall for them as I did. I will see what I can do of filing a complaint.

Where are your facts ?

AUTHOR: Mishko - ()

And your facts are ?? You can copy and paste. It's easy.

Fired?

AUTHOR: Rick - ()

Here's a perfect example; an employee of the company posts this uneducated, irrelavent ridiculous notion that I was an employee that was fired. Interesing. You base this off what facts?

Mad you got fired ?

AUTHOR: Mishko - ()

Just because you got fired for being irresponsible ? Really ?

Please stop the calls

AUTHOR: DianeB - ()

We had a rainsoft system installed about 2 years ago,by Florida Energy,the local Rainsoft dealer. We had used rainsoft products before, so we were familiar with the quality. The salesman did say a lot of the things stated in the previous complaints,but that did not influence our purchase. However ,they did tell us that if we did not have regular checkups on the system it would void our warranty.

So here is where my complaint comes in to play. Six months after it was installed they called about coming to check the system,and replace the salt. The price they charge for salt is outrageous, so we decided to do our own salt,and just have them do the yearly warranty maintenance.

Then the calls began,sometimes 3 or 4 times a week to schedule our service appt. Finally we decided it was time for the yearly maintenance,so the technician comes out,spends 15 minutes doing I'm not sure what, then charges me $167.

So I thought that would be the end of it for a year, .but not so. They proceeded to call us multiple times per week for the next 5 months to schedule our yearly maintenance. It didn't seem to matter what we told them they continued to call. We even told them we would call them when we were ready . It makes me wonder how many people who may not keep good records are falling for this. This was very close to becoming harassment.

The sad fact is ,I love the product, but the local distributor should not be allowed to do business like this and take advantage of customers. My suggestion is that rainsoft not allow Florida energy to sell their products,they are giving the company a bad name!

Diane,Lady Lake ,Fl

RainSoft Update

AUTHOR: Owner op - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to make an UPDATE to my 1st post about the Orlando RainSoft Dealer. Well after a little over a month of emails phone calls I let them install the 4th TANK in my back yard to add to the three that were already there. But again it didnt fix the problem, so I asked again to REMOVE THIS SYSTEM and they said "NO" we will get it right we need to ad ANOTHER piece of equipment and thats where I said I dont think so. I just want this removed and they still said we dont have to and wont because we can fix the problem, so now I took it to another level and Contacted someone outside of the RainSoft Company whos name they like to throw around which I wont say but you can figure it out yourself. So after explaining it to the local REP from ^$#@ DEPOT (hint) my system was removed within a week. I even sent this REP the You-Tube video of how the local RainSoft dealer was caught on camera doing as the 1st poster stated and they were not very happy because there COMPANY NAME was being attached to this scam. So if you ever been scammed by a RainSoft Dealer just contact the local National Chain that they claim they are approved by and watch how fast everything changes. One last thing I never got my $20.00 HOME DEPOT GIFT CARD EITHER so that was another scam so they can get there foot in the door.

Rainsoft SCAM

AUTHOR: Owner op - (U.S.A.)

The first poster is 100% CORRECT, the local Rainsoft Dealer Florida Energy Water & Air did the same thing to me and the person that came to our home said and did the same testing as they posted. So we fell for it since we just purchased the home 48 hours before they showed up. So after the equipment was installed for 5 days the water smelled and even the dog wouldnt drink the water. So I asked them to remove it since it didnt work and I wasnt paying for something that DOESNT WORK. Well here we are two weeks later and they wont answer my emails, or return my phone calls. The last thing we heard is they need to install yet another tank in the back yard with another filter, I asked if this one doesnt work then what and I was told we will keep trying to fix the water smell or anything else they need to do but in no way will they remove it. They are a scam and if not removed by the end of the week I will remove it and drop it in there driveway. Come to find out they have over 30 complaints with the BBB here in Florida.

#9 General Comment

Rainsoft

AUTHOR: lisnjay - (United States of America)

Hi there,

I am one of the salespeople for Rainsoft, and I'm sorry you had this issue with another RS salesman.  I don't know who Florida Energy is but when I went through training with Rainsoft they did NOT tell us to tell you the chlorine would kill you or that your water is dangerous.  In fact we have a strict "script" we are supposed to stick with.  I just wanted to drop in and say that we aren't all bad, but I know one bad apple spoils the bunch.  Hope you got this resolved.

Good Luck