Complaint Review: Florida Leisure Communities - Summerglen Developement

• Submitted: Fri, August 31, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2007

• Reported By:ocala Florida
Florida Leisure Communities - Summerglen Developement
146 Horizon Ct. Lakeland, Florida U.S.A.

Florida Leisure Communities - Summerglen Developement Knowing noise levels from interstate were extremly high failed to diclose same Lakeland Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer Was Fully Aware Of Lot Location

At the time i bought this home the lot was not marked and the streets were not built. The builder shows me lot location on plans and states that lot backs unto golf course. Plans do not show the location of interstate 75 and a weight station for trucks which is located aprox 200 yds.from my lot.

By the time i dicovered that the intense noise from interstate 75 and the weight station were so loud that affected and disturbed my sleep at night and prevented me from enjoying my Lanai and back yard the house had already been built.I had give $25,000 down payment 8 month earlier.

The builder refuses to help me resolve this in any manner taking the attitude "buyer beware" and refusing to help solve or aminorate the problem.

A n air pollution problem is also my concern because of fumes and black dust comming from the interstate and from the weight station. The weight station stays open 24hrs 7 days and trucks enter and exit constantly.

I now will try to sell my house but this problem is not going to help.I have been here less than 2 months,i am retired and have all my savings invested here. Can someone please help!

Argon33
ocala, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2007 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Leisure-Communities-Summerglen-Developement/Lakeland-Florida-33813/Florida-Leisure-Communities-Summerglen-Developement-Knowing-noise-levels-from-interstate-271649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Leisure Communities - Summerglen Developement

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer Was Fully Aware Of Lot Location

AUTHOR: Tom E - (USA)

Our company Florida Leisure Communities was recently made aware of this report by another customer seeking to buy a home from us.  This report was made more than 8 years ago, and although we sold more than 1,000 homes in our SummerGlen community, this is the first and only Ripoff Report we have ever had filed to our knowledge.

This customer was well aware of the location of the home he purchased.  In fact, we gave him and approximately 50 other customers special discounts on their homesite purchases because they were located in an area of the property where noise from the adjacent Interstate highway could be a problem.  Our sales staff fully disclosed this potential issue to each and every customer considering one of these homesites.

Having been in business building homes in Central Florida for more than 35 years, we are very proud of our record of customer satisfaction.  We regret that this particular customer was unhappy with the decision they made in locating their home but we are very certain that we were up-front and above board in our relationship with him.