Complaint Review: florida outboard service

28715 sw 132nd ave homestead, Florida USA
  • Phone: 305-242-4199
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

florida outboard service does not stand behind thier warranty homestead Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I DO HONOR MY WARRANTY

poor workmanship and they don't stand behind thier warranty. they rebuilt my engine in 02/12 it ran for apprx 20 hrs and blew up. called them, they said i was not covered under the warranty. they picked the the boat up in 01/13 but havn't done anythink with it. owner (chip) says he can't find an engine block for my mercury 150 hp engine. 01/14 says he trying to find the engine block.... i can't believe they stay in business. i am out 4,850.00 and in the process of legal action against this business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/florida-outboard-service/homestead-Florida-33033/florida-outboard-service-does-not-stand-behind-thier-warranty-homestead-Florida-1118382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on florida outboard service

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I DO HONOR MY WARRANTY

AUTHOR: Florida outboard service - ()

This customer detonated a piston, seized the motor and threwe the rod through the side of the block, which is not part of my warrant.  I took the motor back and told him I would I would help him out and find him a used block.  He had a difficult block to find, but I found one and fixed the motor and sent him on his way.  Did it happen as fast as I would have liked...no.  This dude sent me two texts messages every day even though I told him this was not going to happen overnight. I stand behind my work And even when the customer is a real pain, I still try to do the right thing

chip