Complaint Review: florida outboard service

28715 sw 132nd ave homestead, Florida USA
  • Phone: 305-242-4199
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

florida outboard service does not stand behind thier warranty homestead Florida

*Author of original report: Florida Outboard Service

*Author of original report: Florida Outboard Service

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Made this customer happy

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I DO HONOR MY WARRANTY

poor workmanship and they don't stand behind thier warranty. they rebuilt my engine in 02/12 it ran for apprx 20 hrs and blew up. called them, they said i was not covered under the warranty. they picked the the boat up in 01/13 but havn't done anythink with it. owner (chip) says he can't find an engine block for my mercury 150 hp engine. 01/14 says he trying to find the engine block.... i can't believe they stay in business. i am out 4,850.00 and in the process of legal action against this business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/florida-outboard-service/homestead-Florida-33033/florida-outboard-service-does-not-stand-behind-thier-warranty-homestead-Florida-1118382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on florida outboard service

Florida Outboard Service

AUTHOR: doles - ()

Florida outboard service did repair the engine after 1 yr But the enginge was running hot the first time I took the boat out. I since had someone replace the impeller and water pump on the engine. These parts all should have been checked or replaced when they rebuilt the engine. My boat was left outside and sustained wheather damage to it. I would never ever do business  this company. They do poor workmanship,and don't care about the customer.

Florida Outboard Service

AUTHOR: doles - ()

I had my boat at florida outboard service for engine rebuild. They left my boat sitting outside for about appox. 1 yr, the was not covered and sustained wheather damage to it. Yes he repaired the engine but he did poor work on the engine. The first time I took the boat out, the engine was running hot. I since had to replace the impeller on the engine. That all should have been replaced during the rebuild. I would not recommend anyone to do business with this company due to slow and poor workmenship. I and they don't care for customers property.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Made this customer happy

AUTHOR: Chip - ()

I am the owner of florida outboard service.  This customer detonated a piston, which is not covered under warranty.  I offered to look for a block for him, but is told him that it was going to take some time.  I did have his boat for a long time, but he knew that, I was honest with him.  He texted me twice a day every day, on my anniversary, while I was on vacation, every weekend.  I called him and told him I was doing everything I could, checking with all my suppliers for a block.  I eventually found the block and did the repair for no additional charge.  He has his boat and it is running fine.  I continued to get his automatic texts for another 6 months after he had his boat.

I am in NO way affiliated with NW florida outboard.  I stand by my warranty, have rebuilt hundreds of outboards and have hundreds of happy customers.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I DO HONOR MY WARRANTY

AUTHOR: Florida outboard service - ()

This customer detonated a piston, seized the motor and threwe the rod through the side of the block, which is not part of my warrant.  I took the motor back and told him I would I would help him out and find him a used block.  He had a difficult block to find, but I found one and fixed the motor and sent him on his way.  Did it happen as fast as I would have liked...no.  This dude sent me two texts messages every day even though I told him this was not going to happen overnight. I stand behind my work And even when the customer is a real pain, I still try to do the right thing

chip