Complaint Review: Florida Shuttle Transportation

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Dr. M. Rosenthal — Boston Massachusetts United States of America
Florida Shuttle Transportation
Internet, Florida United States of America

Florida Shuttle Transportation Shuttle 90 minutes late and impossible reach a dispatcher Internet, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We apologize for any inconvenience

I am adding to a negative evaluation of this company that is already submitted.

I called the afternoon before my scheduled departure--Sat., 2/25/2012 at noon--from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Orlando airport.  I was told that I would be called 15 minutes before the van was to arrive.  I got to the scheduled pick-up place early, never received a confirmation call--and waited and waited, with repeated attempts to call the company, for the van to arrive.  There was one other passenger, and we had difficulty communicating because she spoke only Spanish, but she was clearly agitated, as was I.  I was unable to reach a dispatcher, though I tried repeatedly to call.

Finally, the other passenger was able (I don't know how) to learn that the van was arriving from Miami.  It came--at 1:30.  The driver said he had recently been hired and had been instructed to start his trip from Miami.  I want to state that the driver was fine, and he got us to Orlando in the expected 3-1/2 hours.  Luckily, I did not have a plane to catch--had I, I would have missed it.

Since this event, I have called the company several times and have received no response--no apology.  Apparently, they feel no obligation to meet their schedule or to be cordial to their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2012 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-Shuttle-Transportation/Internet-Florida-/Florida-Shuttle-Transportation-Shuttle-90-minutes-late-and-impossible-reach-a-dispatcher-848506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida Shuttle Transportation

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We apologize for any inconvenience

AUTHOR: Florida Shuttle Transportation - (United States of America)

Hello Dear Sir. We do apologize any inconvience you experienced with Florida Shuttle Transportation. Sometimes our shuttles are late due to traffic and other pick ups since this was a shared transportation service not private. The times posted are approximate not on the dot. The procedure is that the dispatching department calls customers if service will be delayed, sometimes wrong numbers, out of the country numbers or other circumstances make it harder to be done. The majority of times we are successful in notifying our customers of any changes.

Again we truly apologize and if you need further assistance please email us at reservations@floridashuttletransportation.com

Regards