Complaint Review: floristexpress.com

• Reported By: Gail — Chicago Illinois
floristexpress.com
FloristExpress.com Internet United States of America

floristexpress.com ProFlowers.com Overcharged and Terrible Service Internet

What a total ripoff FloristExpress is.  I have used many online florists and have never had a problem like this except once, not coincidentally with ProFlowers, the company who does the billing for FloristExpress, who were completely unable or unwilling to fix this problem. If I had known ProFlowers was behind FloristExpress, I never would have used them.

To give the short version, I responded to an online FloristExpress ad offering a seemingly nice special that day. The flowers were $52.95 for a simple but pretty mixed bouquet with a balloon, and I upgraded to the next level (more flowers) for another $10 and added a small stuffed animal -- that was supposed to be affixed somehow to the balloon, vase or flowers -- for $9.99. I thought the delivery charge of $17.99 was a little high, but not unheard of, and approved the transaction. I had chosen the bouquet from a small list of products available for same day delivery since the birthday was that day. There was NO MENTION of TWO ADDITIONAL CHARGES -- a $4.99 "WEEKEND CHARGE" and another $4.99 "SAME DAY CHARGE".  I shop online frequently and review final order screens carefully.

When I didn't receive a confirmation email right away, I didn't think much of it, figured it would show up later. It didn't, but the flowers were being delivered that day, so I didn't worry about it. The flowers were delivered without the bear and the driver came back 10 minutes later and handed a loose bear to her. Not quite as effective as a single presentation of flowers, balloon and bear, but it was fine -- everyone makes mistakes.

A few days later I saw the AMEX charge and noticed the two extra $4.99 fees. I called ProFlowers, the name on the bill, and was put on hold while they checked with FloristExpress. She told me essentially that there was nothing they could do. I had no recourse because I had not printed the order screen -- reputable companies send confirmation emails, but I had not received one.

I considered disputing the charge with AMEX but decided it wasn't worth them spending the time processing it for $9.98. I am not pursuing this, but I will never do business with either of those companies again. My last experience with ProFlowers was even worse -- the product they sent was pitiful -- nothing at all like the pictures.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/floristexpresscom/internet/floristexpresscom-ProFlowerscom-Overcharged-and-Terrible-Service-Internet-1042506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on floristexpress.com