Complaint Review: Flower Patch Florist and Bakery Mississippi

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: Expose — Mississippi
Flower Patch Florist and Bakery Mississippi
Gautier, Mississippi USA

Flower Patch Florist and Bakery Mississippi Flower Patch Florist Flower Patch Demanded my Credit Card Info and wouldn’t give me the cost! Gautier Mississippi

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Flower Patch Florist Mississippi

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Shocked

I called Flower Patch Florist and Bakery and placed an order for flowers. I was asked how much do I want to spend and gave the woman taking the order a price.  I then let her know if it went over I was not worried about it she would add more flowers to make it full and beautiful. I was suprised and somewhat shocked when the lady became very angry and stated "how dare you imply I will not make it pretty" I realized then the lady was not working with a full deck but went ahead and placed my order anyway as florist were limited at this hour in the day and it was Mothers Day and was just placing my order. I was told they would make the arrangement and get it out that evening. I asked her to snap a photo of the arrangement, I was excited to see how it turned out.

I called back with my credit card to pay for the arrangemnt and got the same woman I had spoken with prior. She told me the flowers were ready for delivery. I gave them all the information except the expiration date, I asked her to let me know what the charge would be before I gave her the rest of the information, the woman went crazy when I asked her what the charge would be and stated, "what are you trying to imply? what kind of people do you think we are" and other moronic diatribe that followed, I simply did not know what to say I then was hung up on abrublty and then this crazy person called back and said she spoke with "all of her designers and they are not going to make the flowers now" So I realized I had been lied to about the arrangment being ready for delivery. My Mom did not get her flowers on Mother's day. I want to warn others about ordering from this company. Flowers are for special occasions and when they do not arrive it can be hurtful to each party involved. There are many great florist in Mississippi I would suggest trying them. You will be dissapointed if you deal with Flower Patch Florist and Bakery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flower-Patch-Florist-and-Bakery-Mississippi/Gautier-Mississippi-39553/Flower-Patch-Florist-and-Bakery-Mississippi-Flower-Patch-Florist-Flower-Patch-Demanded-my-1125112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flower Patch Florist and Bakery Mississippi

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Flower Patch Florist Mississippi

AUTHOR: - ()

Nina
02/14/09
I ordered flowers to be delivered to my Mother for Valentine's Day, which is today. I ordered them 5 days before they were supposed to be delivered. I ordered them on Feb. 9th 2009. My mom not only got the wrong order, but most of them were dead. I called to speak with someone, and a lady told me if I wanted new ones than I could come down there and pick them out myself if I wanted new ones for my mother in a sarcastic fashion. She was rude and didn't want to help me, she said she was too busy to help me and it was Valentine's Day , there wasn't anything she could do. She said I don't get the kind of flowers you ordered, I said why didn't you communicate with me and let me know earlier in the week, I would have ordered something different, she than said, I don't know, talk about a place that doesn't know how to do business, I will never ever order from this place again, the lady finally hung up on me, said she was to busy and she had other orders to deal with....So if you want the wrong order and dead flowers, order from the flower patch. There were no roses and some flower petals were missing all over the place, ever though I only paid $50 imagine if this were you and you paid $100, or if you had flowers sent to someone that was in the hospital, these people wouldn't care, because they are to busy to do a good job. I want everyone to know so I will make sure everyone finds out , how rude and unprofessional they are.

The rudest people I have ever encountered and the ladies right that posted prior. The will not let you see the arrangement and they want to take the credit card without telling you the price.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Shocked

AUTHOR: flowerpatch - ()

I must admit I was shocked to see a report filed about this incident. We have been in business for over 40 years and have never been faced with a situation like this. I usually would never respond to something posted online, but when your reputation is called into question and your name is slanderized, I had to do something. The incident in question took place after 5:30 in the evening on Valentines Day, we close at 5:30 p.m. We were wrapping up from an extrememly hectic day when I first recieved this call inquiring about flowers and wanting to place an order for her mother, I discussed the flowers we had left and how I would take special care of it for her, and she stated that she would call back with her credit card info and we hung up. She called back sometime later, it is well after closing now, take into consideration that we are trying to clean up and close after the busiest week of the year, and we talked about flowers again and how she really wanted something special, I mentioned that I would put extra flowers in it but that it would increase the cost from what she originally was quoted. She stated that her husband was having trouble finding his credit card and when they found it she would call back. A few minutes later, she called back, it is close to 6:30 p.m. nlow. She was still having trouble finding the credit card, she said that her husband had left his wallet at a previous location and when they got it she would call back. After 6:30 p.m. she called and said she had found the card. I went over the order again and asked for her credit card number and that is when she first stated that "I don't trust you". "You could charge anything you want to on my card". This caught me off guard and immediately sent up a red flag with me. If she is being this diificult and threatening before the order is finalized, would I be able to make her happy. So I told her with it being after closing and not knowing when our delivery persons would be able to get the order out at this late time, we would not be able to fill this order and I thanked her for calling. Before she hung up the phone she told me I didn't know who I was dealing with. She called back, and said "I'm gonna make sure I ruin your business", "I work for the LA Times". She tried to call back several more times that evening but I did not oblige her.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. I am a reputable business with over 40 years experience. A stranger to me is wanting to place an order and starts stating that she doesn't trust me, I could run up charges on her card. I did what any business person would do. When the lady became angered and threatening to me I hung the phone up. This woman is confused about key elements of this incident, I never called her number and this order was for Valentines Day, not Mothers Day like she mentioned twice. I have many, many customers and clients who I make happy on a daily basis, year in and year out and this one incident wil, in no way, damage my reputation.