Complaint Review: Food Lover's

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: Sharon - Salix — Salix Iowa
Food Lover's
2440 Clements Ferry Road Charleston, South Carolina USA

Food Lover's Charged credit card for on-line services that I did not apply for and did not use Charleston South Carolina

Checked my credit card for charges by Food Lover's for the telephone number of the company and saw that I had been charged an extra $64.  I was calling to get a return identification number because this was not a program that was going to work for me.  I was told that the $64 was non-refundable because it was a service that I had requested...I told the man on the phone that I had not requested the on-line service and he said that by not responding to their e-mail offering the service that I was automatically enrolled.  I told him to send me a return identification number and I sent it back that very day - June 18th.  Part of their "getting started quick" information required you to purchase a diet drug and other additional information.  Included in the original package was numerous cd's that you were to listen to daily.....I don't have time for this and that was not part of the infomercial that I had watched.  They also advised me that it would take 30 or more days before I was credited for the merchandise.....of course minus shipping and the non-refundable on-line option that I did not authorize.  My credit card company says they have 15 days to refund, so we will see.....by July 9th I should have a refund....we will see.  I did send a note along with the return that advised them of the information that my credit card company gave me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Food-Lovers/Charleston-South-Carolina-29492/Food-Lovers-Charged-credit-card-for-on-line-services-that-I-did-not-apply-for-and-did-n-1060754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Food Lover's