Complaint Review: foodking

• Reported By: Nancy — Okeechobee Florida
foodking
6201 Johns Road, Suite 12, Tampa, FL 33634 Internet United States of America

foodking Al, V.P. un-identifiable meats Internet

On 3/29/13, I purchased   1 box of "meats" (if you call it that) from a soliciter that rang my doorbell.  He showed me what he had,  in a freezer, on his van, and was offering me 1 free box if I bought one.  The amount was $336.00 on my American Express card.  As the gentleman was entering his drivers seat, I was still on the driveway, he handed me a tri-fold brochure and he drove away.  Who would think to have read the brokchure unless there was a problem.   The first night, my husband and I cooked what was called a "tenderloin", but we couldn't identify the meat as pork or beef, there was an un-identified taste.  The 2nd night, I baked a "bone-in pork chop", breaded in Shake & Bake Hot & Spicey and again, "un-identifiable taste", but definately NOT a pork chop.  The 3rd night, we had "shrimp scampi"; the scampi sauce was very nice, but the shrimp was FLAT (no taste).  After 3 strikes, I called the company on 4/3/2013 at 5:40 pm; no answer!  So I left a message with my name, date of call & phone number.  Again on 4/4/2013 at 9:30 a.m., I called and left the same message as the day before.  I called the driver (Chris Evans) at 10:45 a.m. on 10/4/2013; no answer.  Five minutes later, Chris returned the call and I mentioned to him, that I've placed 2 calls to the office and no answer, but I left a voice message.  He asked "they haven't returned your call?".  Obviously, I answered NO!   On 4/8/2013, Al called.  He said he's the V.P. of FoodKing, asked me if I called this weekend.  Isn't that the reason he recorded l"eave your name, time of your call, date, etc.?  I called on Wednesday and Thursday 4/3 & 4/4.   Chris, the driver, meanwhile, offered to come and pick up the bad goods.  I have a freezer FULL of their meats, and I would like them to pick these up so I have my space back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/foodking/internet/foodking-Al-VP-un-identifiable-meats-Internet-1044335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on foodking