• Report: #591969

footage firm

footage firm scams consumers, Internet

*Consumer Comment: similiar content

*Consumer Comment: My experience

*Consumer Comment: Ah, come on now!

*Consumer Comment: BeatM

Footage Firm is marketing heavily right now, both through individual emails and through a blast via Movie magazines.  They are offering "free" stock footage for the cost of an exorbitant "shipping and handling" cost.  It's a scam.  I fell for it the last time they did this, thinking, why not have a collection of low cost footage that I might need someday?  It cost me $50 and the HD DVD was totally unusable.  It had severe interpolation problems (lines streaking the footage).  Also, their DV DVDs have random people in them - you don't get the rights to use those people in your projects.  No releases or permissions come with the DVDs.  You can tell most of them are taken by tourists or something with a camcorder because the footage shakes and has the look of your dad taking footage with a camcorder.  People randomly look into the camera, making the footage self aware.  Virtually all of it is unusable for real projects.  I sent several emails and complaints to the "company" but none were answered.  Also, I bought 5 or so of these DVDs and they all came in a single envelope.  Somehow, I'm supposed to believe that it costs them $50 for shipping that. Big Scam here, stay away!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2010 02:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/footage-firm/internet/footage-firm-scams-consumers-Internet-591969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on footage firm

similiar content

AUTHOR: antiverse - (United States of America)

i bought the PEOPLE & AMBIENCE sound effects DVD from footage firm just last week. the content of the ambience folder turned out to be exactly the same as the content of the AMBIENCE folder from an effects DVD i purchased from prosoundeffects.com (disk 1). i'm not sure what to think here. i'm a bit surprised to see two different companies selling identical content. makes you wonder who holds the rights to the content.

My experience

AUTHOR: Clay Powell - (United States of America)

I read some of the comments on this thread and I had a similar experience with the person that has purchased the After Effects templates and the production music.  I have not purchased any of the stock footage.  I have never purchased anything from Footage Firm that cost me for the actual disc but rather the "free" discs and I paid for the "shipping."  My experience has been that, yes, they charge about $9 for each disc which everyone knows is more than it actually costs to ship a disc.  You get charged that per disc no matter how many you buy.  But, it is a good value and the "free discs/pay for shipping" is obviously a way for them to get you interested in their company and what they offer.  Are the music tracks of outstanding quality?  No.  They're OK and absolutely acceptable for some productions.  I guess you get what invest.  As long as I remember that I do not get disappointed.

Ah, come on now!

AUTHOR: Clover - (United States of America)

Hello,

I'm a videographer in Texas and I have been using footage firm for some time now. I have purchased several of their AE Templates, Stookfootage, and Royalty Free Music. I have found licenses on disc with everything I have purchased. No its not free, but nothing is (except God's grace). It is however greatly discounted. And I'm ok with discounted. Oh and the quality of the footage has been excellent. Maybe you got a bad disc.

My Thoughts,

Clover

BeatM

AUTHOR: BeatM - (Australia)

I have been selectively buying FootageFirm DVDs for several years now. Whilst several individual clips were faulty, the VAST majority are good quality and usable. This is especially true for the HD Clips, most of which are superb!

I make low-budget QUALITY Videos and I have never felt ripped-off by Footage Firm