• Report: #1061900

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Salt Lake City Utah
Foothill Place Apartments
2260 Foothill Dr Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Foothill Place Apartments will rip you off for all problems associated with the building, not of renter responsibility in Salt Lake City Utah

I have been a tenant here for a year.  Our lease is up in 2 months.  In the past month we have experienced four days of leaks and flooding coming from above apartments and due to rain.  The first incident, our ceiling was pouring water from the living room, the hallway, the bedroom, and the kitchen.  We were told it was due to the chimney leaking.  For two weeks the owners didn't repair.  It took a visit from the city planner to "fix" it.  this entailed placing a tarp over the chimney.  The bedroom and hallway flooding was due to the upstairs neighbors washing machine, and the kitchen flooding was from another neighbor's broken dishwasher.  Four instances in one month caused me to ask to be reprieved of my lease contract without penalty.  They refused to help with that.  Then...yesterday I received a notice that my renter insurance policy expeired, and that I had four days to obtain a new policy or I would be charged $50.  We have been paying the apartment complex for the insurance, it has been added to our rental bill.  I have no idea how they can do this.  In addition, I will include links to other reviews where individuals have been charged for problems of the building which were through no fault of the renter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Foothill-Place-Apartments/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84109/Foothill-Place-Apartments-will-rip-you-off-for-all-problems-associated-with-the-building-1061900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Foothill Place Apartments