Complaint Review: for10cents.com

• Submitted: Mon, November 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 30, 2009

• Reported By: araindancer — Saint Petersburg Florida United States of America

for10cents.com is a total scam, you are guarunteed to lose your money and your time, Internet

This site is a total scam. It looks like you are getting a laptop for $200 that retails for $1500 but you have to BUY bids for 15 cents a piece and though it looks like the price only increases by a penny each time, it actually increase by the price you paid for the bid, 15 cents. I thought I'd focus my efforts on a particular DSLR camera and started bidding. I kept having to buy more bids to stay in the "game." It never tells you EXACTLY how long the bidding will go for so you just don't know. I was bidding for 5 hours straight during what's called the "Auction" phase which is supposed to be the last phase before somebody wins. All of a sudden, the timer went back and added another 5 hours!! SO the whole process started all over again! And though it says there are certain hours of operation, it's not true, bidding continues ALL night! There is no phone number to call and no online chat type of help either. I spent $500 before I realized it and I ended up with nothing! Shame on me for being scammed but I was praying for a good deal since I am unemployed. I was totally scammed and I'm writing to help prevent others from getting scammed too. Don't believe the articles you read that say you can get great deals if you are lucky and use certain bidding tricks, it's simply NOT true. And most likely, the articles were written by the company, planted on the internet for people to read and give them hope and then go spend their money on the site. PLEASE don't be scammed like I was!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2009 04:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/for10centscom/internet/for10centscom-is-a-total-scam-you-are-guarunteed-to-lose-your-money-and-your-time-Inter-530642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on for10cents.com