- Report: #1037613
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor CompanyPO Box 6248 Dearborn, Michigan United States of America
Ford Motor Company New 2012 Ford Focus is a Lemon. Ford's response? Tough luck. Sue us. Dearborn, Michigan
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
A piece of junk with multiple defects - and no help from Ford.
I bought a new 2012 Ford Focus SEL in September 2012.
From the first day, the Bluetooth (BT) system did not work properly. This is the famed "Sync / MyFordTouch (MFT)" that has caused Ford ratings in the JD Powers ratings to plummet.
In 8 of 9 Quality Scores, this car receives the minimum rating: http://autos.jdpower.com/research/Ford/Focus/2012/Sedan/ratings.htm
I wish I had known.
First, the non-Sync defects.
1. Failed fuel filler solenoid. Repaired.
2. Transmission refuses to engage in either Drive "D" or Manual "S" mode. Dealer could not reproduce. Not repaired
3. Express feature on driver's window failed. The other three windows work correctly. Repair pending.
Now for Sync.
- Refuses to connect to iPhone. Sometimes.
- Connects to iPhone, but then disconnects at random
- BT Audio refuses to play. Sometimes.
- Sync erased all entries in the phonebook. Except one.
- Touch screen shows FM presets while AM station is playing.
- GPS gives bad directions, taking me over 100 miles off course. (Ford says those directions are not bad. They're just different)
- Touch screen wont respond to any key presses
- GPS shows me driving backward and to my left on a highway
- BT audio when using speakerphone is inaudible
- BT plays iPhone audio, but only through the iPhone itself, not the car stereo. But the touch screen controls the audio.
- BT plays the first 15 seconds of a podcast, then skips to the end.
- GPS takes 2 full minutes to calculate a short route (30 minute drive)
- Sync crashes, resulting in a "black screen of death"
- Sync shows random Japanese characters on tough screen when playing BT audio (podcast)
- Playing audio with the iPhone's headphone jack and using the car's "AV Input" fails - no audio.
All updates to Sync are complete, with almost all of the above behaviors showing up after the latest update (January 2012).
The dealer directed me to go through Ford's "reacquisition" program, where lemons are bought back. I did so, but Ford's response was "we will not be meeting your expectations".
In other words, too bad. You believed us. Tough.
$24K for a car that has been in the shop more than my last 5 cars combined.
In it's first 7 months. In its first 17,000 miles.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-/Ford-Motor-Company-New-2012-Ford-Focus-is-a-Lemon-Fords-response-Tough-luck-Sue-us-1037613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.