Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Reported By: Ambushed22 — Short Hills New Jersey USA
Ford Motor Company
Dearborn, Michigan United States of America

Ford Motor Company "The Works" rebate ripoff Dearborn, Michigan

My vehicle was serviced by a Ford dealership on March 25 for "The Works."  The Works is a deal that includes an oil change, check belts/hoses and top off all fluids.  It comes with a $10 rebate.

I filed the rebate application on line the same day.  The web form asks for basic info like, VIN of the vehicle and the service ticket number.

After more than two weeks, I get an email from Ford: "We're sorry but we can't match your service to the service ticket."  Ford says, copy the service ticket and mail it to an address, or fax it, or scan and email it as an attached reply to their email.  I chose to scan and email.

I emailed it the same day with a 'return receipt request.'  My email wasn't opened for NINE days.

I'm supposed to get this damned rebate in three or four days from the date I apply, according to the dealer.

Bottom line:  either Ford is incompetent or the dealer is incompetent and never entered my service order into the rebate system.  Either way, Ford sucks for screwing a customer out of his rebate.

We WERE a Ford family.  Yesterday we bought another brand to replace a Ford Escort.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-/Ford-Motor-Company-The-Works-rebate-ripoff-Dearborn-Michigan-718658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company