Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Reported By: Ambushed22 — Short Hills New Jersey USA
Ford Motor Company
Dearborn, Michigan United States of America

Ford Motor Company "The Works" rebate ripoff Dearborn, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Stil issues....

*Consumer Comment: Rebates Service NEEDS FIXING!!

My vehicle was serviced by a Ford dealership on March 25 for "The Works."  The Works is a deal that includes an oil change, check belts/hoses and top off all fluids.  It comes with a $10 rebate.

I filed the rebate application on line the same day.  The web form asks for basic info like, VIN of the vehicle and the service ticket number.

After more than two weeks, I get an email from Ford: "We're sorry but we can't match your service to the service ticket."  Ford says, copy the service ticket and mail it to an address, or fax it, or scan and email it as an attached reply to their email.  I chose to scan and email.

I emailed it the same day with a 'return receipt request.'  My email wasn't opened for NINE days.

I'm supposed to get this damned rebate in three or four days from the date I apply, according to the dealer.

Bottom line:  either Ford is incompetent or the dealer is incompetent and never entered my service order into the rebate system.  Either way, Ford sucks for screwing a customer out of his rebate.

We WERE a Ford family.  Yesterday we bought another brand to replace a Ford Escort.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-/Ford-Motor-Company-The-Works-rebate-ripoff-Dearborn-Michigan-718658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company

Stil issues....

AUTHOR: VCO - (USA)

I took a picture of my reciept and emailed it to REBATES...and then I called to confirm they got it. The lady on the phone said she has it in front of her and can see it...then she said she tried to print it and it only printed a portion of the picture.....THEN she said I needed to send a different photo or a scan/pdf...hahaaa so now Ford printing issues are "my responsibility also" lol oh man Ford. I sent what you needed. seriously. I don't have a scanner/fax/etc. I told the lady that she has what she needs and she said she would "do me a favor" and call the dealership to get a copy of it...then hung up on me...hahaa....Finally!! If they would have done this in the first place.  Now lets see what happens next...if they even take care of it??? I'll follow up and see and post here.

Rebates Service NEEDS FIXING!!

AUTHOR: VCO - (USA)

I had over 1k of work done on my truck and applied for a Ford Service card to get a $25 rebate on the services. I submitted my ford rebate also same day...waited to hear back that they can't confirm my service was done and needed proof that I paid. I had to call to be put on hold to wait for someone.. then for her to tell me the people I needed to talk to we're gone for the day. And to call back another day. Called back the next day and then she said sorry your invoice you sent is not enough proof and that they wanted a reciept showing I paid with the Card. I asked why they couldn't have confirmed this with the dealership or just pull up my card to show I paid. She put it on my that it's my responsibility and that I have to prove it. Ford Rebates seem like they really don't want you to get the rebate or make it rather difficult process. Not helpful Ford! So know I still have to go find/scan a reciept to fax/email to them then I have to call back again the lady said so they can pull the info up and try to match it. Something tells me they will have another task for me to do to prolong it after. Since Ford is paying their employees I figured I would kindly ask my service supervisor to find/scan/fax to the rebate center. 2 can play at this game. You can pay them Ford to help resolve your "confirm I paid" process. not happy Ford. I will post another after I get to the next step.