Complaint Review: Ford Motor Company

• Updated: Fri, November 08, 2013

• Reported By: Will — New Bern North Carolina
Ford Motor Company
Dearborn, Michigan USA

Ford Motor Company Deceptive and misleading advertising practices Dearborn Michigan

*Author of original report: FORD corporate policy

*Consumer Comment: Ford Motor Company???

*Consumer Comment: Will, I have read your report. I am going to forward it Ford Motor Corp

Ford advertises it will "match any price" on tires, but there are miles of hoops to jump through.  My less than two year old truck, with 27,000 miles, wore out the inside of the front tires from "toe in" problems, even though the truck had gone in for regular service intervals.  Perhaps a combination of poor service or poor quality factory tires, but I was told "we'll match prices on any brand" so I shopped around for a set of better quality Michelin tires--and a local tire business offered the tires at over $200 LESS than the dealer's "best" price--I was told by the dealership to get a written estimate, which I did, but then they said it had to be PRINTED--and the local tire store uses numbered standard letterhead business forms, not a computer generated printed estimate--I gave the dealership rep the name of the owner and manager of the tire store, which is in the same town as the dealership, and suggested they verify the quote.  I was not contacted again until the next day, when again the dealer rep stated they couldn't accept the estimate unless it was "printed."

Clearly this is a Catch-22 and a RIP OFF--to add insult to injury, I could buy the exact same Michelin tires and have them SHIPPED from a tire store via eBay DELIVERED for over $150 less than the dealer quote!

Deceptive business practice, clearly, preying on the elderly or those who don't take the time to "shop around."  I buy a $34,000+ truck and they won't match a set of tires price of $200 bucks--using a LAME excuse to boot!  A "Better Idea"?  Don't buy a Ford.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Company/Dearborn-Michigan-48126/Ford-Motor-Company-Deceptive-and-misleading-advertising-practices-Dearborn-Michigan-1098049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Company

FORD corporate policy

AUTHOR: Will - ()

The dealer declined the promised "matching price" based on FORD corporate policy, clearly printed on FORD corporate "promotional" letterhead.  Catch-22 and Murphy's Law--whenever two or more people are responsible, NOBODY is at fault.  So they say.

Ford Motor Company???

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Did you take your tire quote to Detroit?  No.  You're dealing with a LOCAL Ford dealer.  Big, big difference.

Will, I have read your report. I am going to forward it Ford Motor Corp

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

Will I have read your report and I'm going to forward it to corporate office at Ford Motor Company.  I want them to know how you feel. I do have connections at Ford Motor Corp. William Clay Ford knows me and what I do for car buyers. my job is to helephant make the auto Industry BETTER...

Keep following www.RipOffReport.com. we Care......