Complaint Review: Ford Motor Credit

• Submitted: Fri, March 06, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 06, 2009

• Reported By:Westfield Indiana
Ford Motor Credit
PO Box 6248 Dearborn, Michigan U.S.A.

Ford Motor Credit Need Advice! Co-signer filed bankruptcy now FMC is destroying my credit! Dearborn Michigan

Please help. In 2000 I was in college and my dad co-signed my FMC loan. I made the payments, on time, every month. In 2005 my dad filed bankruptcy. No one - not his lawyer, not FMC, inquired about re-affirming on the loan. Shortly after, I tried to make a payment by phone and was denied. That's how I discovered FMC placed the loan in default because of dad's BK. They instructed me to continue to make the payments - by check only, by mail, to their collections address. I did that.

I bought a house during that time and FMC showed my account as non-active. During that time I bought a house and had to have the mortgage company call FMC three-way so that they could explain about my dad filing BK and that was why the loan was just "sitting" there on my credit report. NOW - 3 years later - it shows in default/paid after bad debt. My homeowners just went up 102% because of this! I'm so angry. I didn't file BK, yet this is really hurting my credit. I'm a struggling teacher and a single parent and the amount my mortgage is going to go up is really going to hurt me financially. Any advice? Recommendations?

Westfield, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ford-Motor-Credit/Dearborn-Michigan-48126/Ford-Motor-Credit-Need-Advice-Co-signer-filed-bankruptcy-now-FMC-is-destroying-my-credit-431364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ford Motor Credit