Below is the history of my Forest River Lexington 270SF, keep in mind it was purchased less then a year ago and experienced my main problem the second day that I owned the RV. "The fuel tank will not always fill up" It will only register 3/4 full and currently still has the problem, the dealer has rerouted the hoses twice, blown out the vacuum line twice, cut the existing filler spout and move it up an inch, at the request from Forest River warranty division; In conclusion Forest River will only fix the unit at their facilities because they do not trust that any one else could facilitate a fix.
My first option that was offered to me was to drive the unit to them, but when I itemized the cost for taking this trip it was not feasible to them, this cost included fuel, mileage and expenses for an unplanned trip.
This was not accepted by Forest River, the only option reasonable to them was hiring a bonded driver to pickup the unit and deliver it to them for repairs and back to me and giving me $1000.00 for the depreciation and mileage.
I did not find this acceptable since I own the unit and do not feel that I should endure any more ware and tare of the unit and depreciation. If you look at all I have had to do for the last 10 month it is more then just $1000.00 in time and work.
Order #21259 September 29 2004
1. Toilet does not hold water
2. Kitchen table broken Order new
3. Order TV Remote Control (Could not find in shop)
Order #19664 October 4 2004
1. Order Kitchen table (Forgot to order above)
2. Fuel only fills up tank full
3. Main circuit breaker trips
4. Linoleum has two cuts
5. Remote was missing (Forgot to order above)
6. CD Player will no eject the CD's
Order # 20091 December 4 2004
1. Install Linoleum
2. Install MAX cover
3. Install Dinette table
Order #20301 January 18 2005
1. The Fuel Tank Wont Fill Up
2. The furnace wont come on
Order # 20623 March 5 2005
1. Gas Tank will not fill over
2. MAX air vent screen came off
3. The back divider door will not latch after installation of the Linoleum floor
Order #21259 May 21 2005
1. Gas Tank does not fill up
2. Seam on side of the awning unit is ripped and leaks water on the door entrance
3. Toilet in the unit shows full on monitor when empty
4. Fresh water shows empty when full
5. Slide out wood trim around the couch cuts into the couch when opening
6. Check compartment doors on unit and make sure sealant is proper
No Order # Picked up unit for above repairs on June 11 2005 did not take it because of the following:
1. Trim was shaven down installation of trim was shoddy
2. Spilled the dark wood putty on to carpet and smashed in
3. The work done to the external fuel filer was also shoddy did not calk with a smooth bead it was gobs of calk the length between the back wheel weal and back bumper
4. Awning strip that was bent downward was not repaired it had been calked with clear gob of calk.
This has been my experience with a New Forest River RV in the past 10 month, 7 visits to the RV Outlet Mall for services stated above and 4 of them have been for extended periods of time (One Month at a time) and the others for two weeks or more.
On average the RV has been in for 5 months of the 10 months I have owned it.
cedar park, Texas