Complaint Review: Fort Sill National Bank

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Lisa Dancer-Smith — Conway Arkansas
Fort Sill National Bank
1420 SW Lee Blvd Lawton, Oklahoma USA

Fort Sill National Bank AKA FSNB Horrible Banking Practices, Unfair practices and fees. Lawton Oklahoma

I am just wanting to let others know my personal expirences with this bank to give current and new customers the advantage and to know what to expect from this terrible bank. There are several reports about this bank with complaints ranging from the bank not posting deposits, charging large amounts of fees, clearing fraudulant transactions and refusing to remove them, the list goes on and on.

We just recently opened an account there because they are located in wal-mart and we thought it would be easily accessable by banking there. The associate who opened our account said our first order of checks would be free, so we placed the order. After a week, they charged our account for the checks, but we did not have sufficient funds in the account to cover the charge that was never supposed to appear because our direct deposit information had not been successfully processed. The bank sent a notice saying the item was paid and that we were charged a o/d charge of 19.50. I contacted customer service and asked why this was charged, they replied there was nothing they could do and to visit the branch and speak to the person who opened the account and told us that the checks would be free. So we did, and the person was not working that day. The next day, the bank reversed the charge for the checks after it was marked clear, and resubmitted the debit for a second time causing yet another overdraft charge of 19.50; this is after they sent a letter to us explaining that this check charge of 8.00 had been paid by the bank instead of returned unpaid. This is now the second overdraft charge for a item that they said was paid the first time, of which I should have never been charged for to begin with as the checks were supposed to be free.

I have decided to close my account after this horrible practice. Besides lying on paper to me and to my face, they require a DL to make a cash deposit into the account, of which takes 10-15 mins each time I have made a deposit, they put your cash balance in the available balance if you make yhour deposit before 2pm or after the cut off day/time of 2:00pm but if you use the amount, they charge overdraft fees. I never did this because I knew that they would charge me, but a few of my friends were not so lucky. I do not have a lot of personal issues with this bank besides the fact that they unfairly charged my account several fees for a small 8.00 order of checks that i was never to be billed for to begin with. If you ever want to pay for gas at the pump even if it's 5.00, they place a $125.00 hold on your account for 72 hours for each pay at pump purchase you make even though they can instantly see that you only purchased 5.00 worth after the transaction completes. There are just too many negatives with this bank, and I am glad to have moved my account else where. To all people looking for a new account, if you MUST get with this bank, deny the overdraft coverage on your atm/debit card so they legally cannot charge you a o/d charge when you are only trying to access your available balance from your paycheck, always leave an extra 100.00 in the account to cover any reverse and rerun transactions they do to try and make more money on fees, and when possible get with a better bank who doesn't practice banking in this manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fort-Sill-National-Bank-/Lawton-Oklahoma-73501/Fort-Sill-National-Bank-AKA-FSNB-Horrible-Banking-Practices-Unfair-practices-and-fees-1062674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fort Sill National Bank