Complaint Review: Fox College

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: amge — Chicago Illinois
Fox College
6640 S Cicero Ave, Bedford Park, IL 60638 Bedford Park, Illinois USA

Fox College - money-grubbing for-profit scam of a "college" Bedford Park Illinois

*Author of original report: Sorry for typos

This pathetic joke of a "school" decieved me twice.

First, as a student of course. They are like any for-profit college and just make up as many ridiculous rules and hoops to jump throuh as they want. Late 30 seconds for class? You're locked out and your grades suffer. Not wearing the approprite business-professional attire? Go home and change, and lose some more grade points. (That's right, they make you buy a whole new business wardrobe just to take classes).

After graduating, they promise you job placement. Before you enroll, they give you these fluffy speeches about how their job placement services will help you find your "dream job", but when it comes time for it you're stuck with whatever interviews they set up for you. They don't care what industry you want to work in as they falsely claim at the beginning. I asked to narrow my search to offices that are involved in the arts somehow. But no, I was sent to a financial firm (yuck) and was forced to accept the job there or else it would reflect poorly on the company (oops I mean "school").

NONE of that is even close to the worse part. Here's the kicker - I was eventually recrutited to quit that job and come work for the school under the false pretense of having education reimbursement!

That's right, I was told by the dean that I could continue my education if I decided to come work for them. So I did.

Not 2 months into the job, not only was I quickly dismissed whenever I'd enquire about taking classes, but I was RANDOMLY fired one day due to a rumor. The dean/my boss told me that an "anonymous sourse" said I answered the phone unprofessionally (which I never, EVER did).

So I was fired, forced to sign some letter stating that I wouldn't sue them (biggest mistake of my life probably), and the final icing on the sh*t cake that is Fox College - they destroyed my chances of finding a job after that, because whenever someone would call them to refer back to my EDUCATION (not even work history), they claimed to not know who I was.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS EVIL PLACE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fox-College/Bedford-Park-Illinois-60638/Fox-College-money-grubbing-for-profit-scam-of-a-college-Bedford-Park-Illinois-1132792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fox College

Sorry for typos

AUTHOR: amlang24 - ()

Yeah yeah, bad grammar and spelling in the original report. Years later and the anger for this place still rages through me.