- Report: #1045526
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Fox Movers
Fox Movers4145 W. Kinzie Street Chicago, Illinois United States of America
Fox Movers in the MIDWEST! Chicago, Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. First off, the movers they sent me were not professional movers. All of them said my move was the first move they'd ever done for Fox Movers and only one of them had prior experience working as a mover.
2. They brought absolutely no moving equipment! There were no dollies or furniture pads or tools on the truck. So they were not able to protect my furniture and several items got damaged.
3. The woman on the phone promised me a 24 foot truck for my 3 bedroom condo, but their movers showed up in a tiny 14 foot Uhaul truck. So they had to make 3 trips and they charged me $210 extra for all that driving time.
4. To be totally honest, the movers looked like homeless guys the company picked up off the street. One of them (Darnell) was very frightening. He looked like a gangster rapper or gang member (gold teeth, prison tattoos, crazy braided hair, mean and angry like a wild animal.) I read another Fox Movers customer's Ripoff Report complaint saying that this same guy, Darnell, returned to her home after her move and tried to attack her. If she's talking about the same guy, I understand why she filed a police report. That guy was SCARY!!!!!!
5. All 3 movers smoked cigarettes in my apartment even though I repeatedly asked them not to. My living room still smells like nasty cigarette smoke.
6. Two of the guys constantly used profanity around my young daughter. I asked them to watch their language around my kids, but they would not stop. I called the office to complain. It took 6 calls and 35 minutes for me to finally reach a live person. When I told the woman about the profanity, her exact words were: "Ma'am, the guys are movers, not choir boys. Let them do their job." LET THEM DO THEIR JOB??? I was speechless.
7. Ruby in the office quoted me a total price of $300 for my move but it ended up costing $590 because they sent inexperienced homeless ex-convicts instead of professional movers.
Overall, my experience with Fox Movers could not have been worse. I will never give them my business again. If you want to read more about how bad they are, you can also go to YELP and enter "Fox Movers", then scroll down the page and click on the "FILTERED" reviews. You will see more than 23 TERRIBLE REVIEWS from many, many unhappy Fox Movers customers. Look for yourself.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fox-Movers/Chicago-Illinois-/Fox-Movers-in-the-MIDWEST-Chicago-Illinois-1045526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.