Complaint Review: FPL

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: AllenB — Boynton Beach Florida
FPL
FPL General Mail Facility Miami, Florida USA

FPL Lied to all day. No service and lots of excuses. No fix either Boynton Beach Florida

We just moved into a new office.  Still in the process of doing the rebuild.  FPL comes out to turn off the power.  We meet up with the FPL tech and ask what happened.  He explains that we need to put the service in our name.  We tell him we will do it immediately and ask him to keep the service on for 5 more minutes so we can call FPL.  He gives us a card to call and tells us he will be back within the hour to restore the service.  That was 8:30 am.  We call immediately and FPL tells us that service will be restored before midnight.  Explain to them the tech said he would be back within the hour and they tell us we will have to wait.  Call back at 11 am and told they can't reach that tech and we will have to wait.  Call back at 4:00pm and they tell us midnight.  At 10pm, still no electricity.  They tell me the power is restored.  We inform them it might be, but there is still no power in our office.  They tell me the restore is set for 11:45pm.  If it does not happen by then, they will contact us with an estimated time.  Well, 11:45 still no power.  Miquel 1801 tells me that they do not give updates, that the power is restored and that I have to get into the meter room to switch the circuit breaker.  I tried over and over explaining that the door is locked and FPL has the key.  He tells me nothing he can do and I have to call at 7:30 to see if they will come out.  I have been lied to all day.  Still no power and no plan to fix it.  Always a different department did it and " the last person you spoke to gave you bad information".

Nice way to start as a new client.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FPL/Miami-Florida-33188-0001/FPL-Lied-to-all-day-No-service-and-lots-of-excuses-No-fix-either-Boynton-Beach-Florid-1077252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FPL