Complaint Review: Fragrance and Things

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: Truthbetold325 — silver spring Maryland
Fragrance and Things
858 Stonebridge Crescent Lithonia, Georgia USA

Fragrance and Things, Ishaaq Alwaleed Perfume Store Cheating People on the Actual Volume of Their Bottles Lithonia Georgia

I am warning people against the online perfume company, FragranceAndThings.com , BEWARE of Fragrance and Things.  I recently purchased a perfume oil from them online for $20 which was to contain 6ML of oil, however when the bottle arrived I noticed that the bottle was quite large and thick, however the area container the perfume was quite small.  I have been buying and selling oil for a few years and I have a good eye for size.  To be sure, i poured the contents into an empty 6ML bottle i had, and it only became half full.

To be extra certain I then took a 5ML syringe and filled it with water and put its contents into the Thick bottle i received from the company, it filled to the top with 2 ML remaining in the syringe, proving for sure that their bottle only contains 3ML of liquid.  I emailed the owner and informed him of the situation, demanding either another 3ML bottle be sent or that he refund my money.  He denied my request and said I was mistaken and that for sure the bottle was 6ML but that i couldnt tell because the bottle was so thick and the glass made the liquid appear to be less.

He obviously didn't read the part of my email which stated I had measured the amount and wa sure it was 3ML only.  I wrote him back and included pictures I had taken for proof.  Finally he replied and admitted they had been mistaken and blamed the mishap on a miscommunication with his bottle distributor and said that he would be changing the info on their website to reflect the changes, which they have not done.  I do not believe him and I am sure they have been selling people amounts less than what they have been charging them for, knowing that most people do not know how to measure liquids and will believe whatever the receive to be the correct amount.

I am sure he wont be contacting the thousands of people he has been ripping off to inform them that they are entitled to a refund.  Do not trust Ishaaq Alwaleed, the owner of this business.  How can you be in the perfume business and unaware that you are selling bottles that only contain half of what you are telling people they contain?  Its impossible that it could be accidental.  If anyone else has been buying from this company i advise you to contact them and demand a refund, as surely you have been ripped off as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fragrance-and-Things/Lithonia-Georgia-30058-9067/Fragrance-and-Things-Ishaaq-Alwaleed-Perfume-Store-Cheating-People-on-the-Actual-Volume-1083618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fragrance and Things