Complaint Review: Fred Bartholomew, All Clocks repair

• Updated: Sat, September 03, 2011

• Reported By: G-money — Birmingham Michigan United States of America
Fred Bartholomew, All Clocks repair
Detroit area, Michigan United States of America

Fred Bartholomew, All Clocks repair Mark Maupin Fake clock repair services..has no physical business address..comes to your home Detroit area, Michigan

*Author of original report: Boblo is not a legitimate customer...

*Consumer Comment: What is with this guy?

*Author of original report: Nice try Boblo!

*Consumer Comment: A Satisfied Customer

*Author of original report: Fred Bartholomew & his all clocks repair is a scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Internet Noise Polution

*Author of original report: Nice comeback Nazelli you clown!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Fred Bartholomew, Michigans Clock Repair Man has Zero Unresolved Customer Complaints. But, He has One of His Own.

*Author of original report: Another fake "press release" for the clock scammer I see

*General Comment: Fred Bartholomew, Michigans Clock Repair Man, Never Hides from a Customer

Fred Bartholomew will have a company issue a press release touting his award winning clock repair business and claims to offer in-home pick up and repair as a convenience to his customers. Problem is all he has done is pay a firm to issue the release which will get him near the top of the page if you google clock repair in Michigan or texas. Very misleading to say the least. All he does is come out and look at the clock and say he fixed and wants money or he can take clock with him too and do complete rebuild. He claimed to fix my old Seth Thomas clock and did not. Basically paid him for nothing. Of course I am finding all of this out after the fact and doing some research on him. Bottom line is do not fall for his fake press release or call him if you need a clock repaired. Find someone with a physical storee address and save yourself some trouble.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2010 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fred-Bartholomew-All-Clocks-repair/Detroit-area-Michigan-/Fred-Bartholomew-All-Clocks-repair-Mark-Maupin-Fake-clock-repair-serviceshas-no-physica-548755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fred Bartholomew, All Clocks repair

Boblo is not a legitimate customer...

AUTHOR: G-money - (United States of America)

So do not believe him. I don't hate Fred at all. I don't even know him that well enough to hate him. He just ripped me off thats all.. plain and simple. So thats why I published my initial report just to warn people of my experience. All he did was go to some seminar on how to get his name at the top of a google search and signed up for it. Thats where his boys Mark Maupin and Dennis Nazelli come in. All they do is release a bunch of press releases via the web and if you search for clock repair, then Fred's name will be near the top. Very clever indeed. I would not have a problem with that if he came out to my house and actually performed a legitimate service for the cash he demanded. That is why I called him. Then when he came to my house and looked at my clock and did nothing to fix it and then demanded cash, I knew i had made a big mistake. Look at all the rebuttals to my initial report. They are just trying to do damage control because ripoff reports appear at the top of search engines too. So they have to try and counter the negative publicity. So how would Boblo know that Fred uses a fake name for Howard Miller website? Just Google Fred Bartholomew clock repair and on the second page there is actually a linke that even claims how Fred has used massive press releases just to get his name at top of search engines. If he were so great at clock repair why does he have to have fake press releases all over?? How are all you marketing experts gonna counter that??? Huh Boblo and Nazelli??

What is with this guy?

AUTHOR: Boblo - (United States of America)

This guy, whoever he is, really must hate Fred Bartholomew to go out of his way to hurt him like this. Is he a frightened competitor, or what? He will probably attack me next since that is his approach to life. Sad! All I can say is that I am a legitimate customer of Fred's that was almost persuaded not to use him by this guy. Thankfully, I ignored his vicious lies about Bartholomew and am now enjoying the wonderful sounds of my repaired clock. Oh, and Fred is indeed listed on the Howard Miller site. Look at the email address for Joshua, a name which Fred says he uses so he'll be able to track referrals from Howard Miller. My advice to any potential customers is to get several estimates but to not exclude Fred Bartholomew on the basis of this character assassination. That's all I intend to say. I have no time or interest in an ongoing war of words.

Nice try Boblo!

AUTHOR: G-money - (United States of America)

Just another lame attempt to portray Fred bartholomew as an honest businessman when he is not. So funny that you stated that Fred is listed on the Howard Miller website as a certified repair person authorized by them. Of course I immediately went to Howardmiller.com to see and of course he is no where to be found! Imagine that Boblo? What are the odds huh?I looked under both states that he claims to work out of, Texas and Michigan and his name is not listed. So just to humor myself some more I used the advanced search option on their website and of course no mention of your boy Fred Bartholomew. So funny how you post your ridiculous story of where you found him and he is not even listed on the website. Comical to say the least. Your rebuttal is a joke and obviously another Fred cronie or one of his idiots that release all of his fake press releases...

A Satisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Boblo - (United States of America)

Fred Bartholomew recently repaired my 35 year old Howard Miller Grandfather clock. I found him through the internet. I found this ripoff report after he had removed the movement to his workshop and, frankly, it frightened me. I thought I had fallen victim to a ripoff artist. However, I am happy to report that I worried for nothing. First of all, Fred can be found on the Howard Miller website as a certified, independent, clock repair service for Howard Miller clocks. I doubt they would give such recognition to a fake. Secondly, my clock works perfectly since Fred reinstalled the repaired movement. And Fred even called me several days afterwards to make sure it was working OK. He was ready  and willing to come back and do what was needed if there were any continuing problems with the clock. There weren't any. I'm concerned that ripoff reports such as these can do unjustified harm to honest businesses. That's why I felt moved to write these comments. I would not hesitate to recommend Fred Bartholomew to other consumers needing clock repair.

Fred Bartholomew & his all clocks repair is a scam

AUTHOR: G-money - (United States of America)

I understand your frustration Nazelli. You are not gonna win this one. Too bad huh? Facts are facts and thats what this is about. Fred Bartholomew did not provide the service he was paid to do and now his reputation will be called into question. Thats the beauty of the Rip off report website. People like Fred need to be exposed for what they really are. The days of him living behind fake press releases written by consultants like you are over.  It does not matter what you say because you have probably been paid to promote his scam. Internet noise pollution describes all these press releases perfectly. A bunch of nonsense that cannot be proven. How come all he has is a phone #?? No store to accomodate a potential customer who may want to drop off a clock or a website either?? Seems real suspicous to me for someone that has supposedly been in business 44 years and supposedly won all these awards. Where does Fred store all of these award certificates and trophies that he has been winning all these years. There must be somewhere I can stop in and see then right Nazelli? Please provide the address so I can verify.

Bottom line is beware of All clocks repair and Fred Bartholomew should you need to have a clock repaired..do not fall for his line that he needs to come to your house to pick up.. save yourself some trouble and find a reputable repair shop

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Internet Noise Polution

AUTHOR: D. Nazelli - (United States of America)

I learned a long, long time ago:  Never interrupt an idiot while he's making a fool of himself.

D. Nazelli, Owner
Grow Small Business

Nice comeback Nazelli you clown!!

AUTHOR: G-money - (United States of America)

Please clarify D. Nazelli are you just a consumer or are you the owner of the company? Your first post said consumer and now your second says you are the owner. Like it is a company anyway..too funny. Your credibility really takes a hit you clown!! Get your stories straight!!

I don't even know where to start with all the meaningless sentences you just posted. let me guess you and Maupin got together and came up with all the fancy words for your rebuttal? Yeah you guys are experts I see! Lets review what you said..

"In todays speed-driven lust for reality-based drama, internet search engines give us the opportunity to make decisions based on someones integrity"

What is that???? How can a search engine verify ones integrity?

This is what is referred to as Internet Thought Pollution.

Let me guess you and Maupin invented this being you are experts??

Why would I want Fred to contact me at this point? He did nothing the one time he was here except rip me off. I eventually took my wall clock to a real clock repair expert who has a store unlike Fred.

I did not accuse him of winning an award..actually criticizing him for hiring Maupin to issue a fake press release claiming he has won a service award when he has not..what award has he won?

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: D. Nazelli - (United States of America)

In todays speed-driven lust for reality-based drama, internet search engines give us the opportunity to make decisions based on someones integrity.  However, when unchecked, the internet also leaves the door open for unethical business people to promote personal axes, grind grudges and create doubt in consumers all in the guise of buyer beware.  This is what is referred to as Internet Thought Pollution.

On January 4, 2010, an anonymous person delivered an unsigned complaint letter to a Rip off Report website.  The Rip off Report, #548755, claims that Fred Bartholomew, Mr. Clock Repair Man, did not repair a customers Seth Thomas clock and basically, I paid him for nothing.

The sad part about this report is the omission of any means to contact the complainer, offered Fred.  In fact, the enigmatic complainer only poses two ambiguous concerns in his letter:  1) A service award that I received and, 2) My custom of repairing clocks in a customers home.

Mark Maupin, an expert in internet marketing, has used Freds service several times.  The only connection I can see with someone complaining about Fred being at the top of search engines on the internet, surmised Mark, is one of jealousy.

Maupin hits the Bulls Eye on this point.  It is irrational for someone to criticize Fred by accusing him of winning a service award three years in a row with his small, one-man business. Quoting the secretive complainer, Fred Bartholomew will have a company issue a press release touting his award winning clock repair business

Why would Rip off Report publish this?  Fred asked rhetorically. I thought the article was a compliment.  I only wish he were more eloquent.

The writer basically informs Rip off Report that Fred chooses to provide his service to clients at their homes or at their places of business.  Many timepieces, especially the taller grandfather clocks, are very fragile, explained Fred.  Transporting them would most likely do more damage.  Also, many of my clients are seniors and would prefer to have me come to them.

I can not fathom why anyone would have a grudge against Fred, said Maupin.  Fred controls his overhead by making house calls, thus giving better service to his customers.

Its not a secret anymore: the internet is todays business world equalizer.  It has the power to help small business men and women succeed in the dog-eat-dog environment of todays economy.

Fred is the victim here. He has to take the time to respond to the Rip off Reports Internet Thought Pollution instead of attending to the clock repair service at which he is so good.

Heres the bottom line:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->Michigans Clock Repair Man has been in the business 44 years

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->Yes, Fred has had complaints in those years of business

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->In the past, every customer with a complaint left their contact information

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->Fred responded to those complaints

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->Every complaint was resolved

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->At this moment, there are no unresolved, legitimate complaints about Freds service

<!--[if !supportLists]-->      <!--[endif]-->At this very point in time, Freds customer satisfaction track record stands at 100%

To the Ripoff complainer/disappointed customer:  Freds phone number, (248) 988-6509, is registered in the Birmingham, Michigan White Pages.  Or, you can contact ATTs Information and obtain his number at any time.

Another fake "press release" for the clock scammer I see

AUTHOR: G-money - (United States of America)

First of all I cannot stop laughing at your post regarding your boy Fred Bartholomew! Too funny that you would come on here defending him! Who are you ?? Let me guess he came to your seminar on how to get his name at the top of a search engine? Your attempt to dispute my report with a typical prepared statement on how great he is is comical to say the least.

First of all, you were not present at my house when Fred came out in his little old pickup truck and did absolutely nothing to fix my clock. So how can you dispute what happened when you were not even here? Explain that to me please. And how can you claim his customer satisfaction is 100% when I was a customer and I am not satisfied. So you better lower that percentage in your next fake press release. Where was my follow-up call that you claim he is so famous for? I must of missed that one huh? Also with 44 years in business please provide me with a physical store address or Fred's website with all his testimonials from satisfied clients. If he is so legitimate why no store??? Humor me with some more nonsense about how great he is.

Every new fake press release you release I will counter with a ripoff report..thats what happens when you rip people off!!

#10 General Comment

Fred Bartholomew, Michigans Clock Repair Man, Never Hides from a Customer

AUTHOR: D. Nazelli - (United States of America)

On December 4, 2010, an anonymous person delivered an unsigned complaint letter to a Ripoff Report website.  The report, #548755, claims that Fred Bartholomew, The Clock Repair Man, did not repair a customers Seth Thomas clock and kept the payment.

Freds commitment to customer satisfaction is 100%. As a clock repair man for 44 years, Fred recognizes that a complaint is an issue that needs to be addressed immediately and if handled correctly can be valuable learning opportunities.

Fred Bartholomew is Michigans own expert clock repairman.  Owners of antique grandfather and new clocks trust Fred Bartholomews knowledge and experience.  His customer service includes follow-up calls if a client has a concern or a complaint.

What troubles Fred the most about Ripoffs unfortunate decision to post an anonymous complaint is the fact that the complaint writer (if there really was such a customer) did not leave his name or contact information.

In his own words, the customer writes, Bottom line is do not fall for his fake press release or call him if you need a clock repair.  Find someone with a physical storee(sic) address and save yourself some trouble.

In the meantime, Fred continues his passion today as a craftsman, especially with antique, grandfather clocks.  He takes pride in his craftsmanship and his ability to revive these 200- plus year-old antiques.  He also enjoys the challenge of keeping todays modern timepieces moving forward.  And, Fred Bartholomew will maintain his 100% commitment to his customers satisfaction.

Phone contact Mr. Bartholomew at 248-988-6509.