Museum

• Submitted: Thu, March 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 13, 2008

• Reported By:Loganville Georgia
Frederick Mcdonald
2750 South State St Ann Arbor, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 734-769-8570
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Attorney Frederick Mcdonald ATTORNEY MCDONALD MISLED ME FOR 4 YEARS INTO BELIEVING THAT HE HAD TAKEN CARE OF A LEGAL MATTER THAT NOW HAS COME BACK TO GARNISH ME ME FOR 30,000! Ann Arbor Michigan

I got a divorce in 2000 and sold my home and closed on it in October of 2000. I moved to Atlanta and I got remarried in 2002.

Three years after I sold my house with an agent in Michigan, I received a notice in Atlanta that there was a lien that was not found at the time the house was sold. I had to hire an attorney, (Fredreck McDonald in Ann Arbor, MI) who assured me that due to the fact that I had Title Insurance it would be a simple case of which he eventualyn charged me $6000 to handle. I did not have the money at the time and he charged me by the hour. He allowed me to pay monthly payments and it took me three years to pay. He told me that everything had been taken care of with the lien and the Golden Title company would be responsible for the lien. I was content that my attorney had taken care of the situation for me although I never received any paperwork, only the invoices of what I was paying him.

In September of 2007, after coming from a funeral I opened my mailed from my bank and found that both of my accounts, my joint and personal account had been garnished by a title company by the name of Transnation title of which I had no knowlege. I called the number on the notice and spoke with the person who informed me that they had taken over the account from 2003 and had won a judgement against me and I needed to speak with my attorney if I had any questions. I contacted Attorney McDonald again and he was 'shocked' that this was happening because he had taken care of things.

He had me to fax all sorts of information to him and over the next few months, pretending to follow up and take care of this new situation. I made numerous calls of which I eventually felt that I was chasing after a boyfriend. He was 'in a meeting', In court, out of the office, gone for the day, will return my call later....' I went on the internet and found that Mr McDonald had a complaint filed against him similar to mine in 2003 by some else. I got sick. This was not new. My finances were shot! He was not returning my calls.

I went to another Attorney her in Georgia to file bankruptcy and discussed the garnishment and he looked into the situation with McDonald and found that Mr McDonald had agreed back in 2003 that I would be the one responsible to pay the loan, however, he represented to me that Golden Title would be the responsible! For the past four years I have been thinking that my attorney had taken care of a situation that has now come to destroy my financial life! He misrepresented me and God knows how many others this has happened to. He should not get away with it. There should be some legal process in place to take care of attorneys like this who rips of clients this way.

Barbara
Loganville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frederick-Mcdonald/Ann-Arbor-Michigan-48104/Attorney-Frederick-Mcdonald-ATTORNEY-MCDONALD-MISLED-ME-FOR-4-YEARS-INTO-BELIEVING-THAT-HE-317499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frederick Mcdonald