Complaint Review: Freecreditreport.com

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: DASH — Mount Vernon Ohio United States of America
Freecreditreport.com
freecreditreport.com Allen, Texas United States of America

Freecreditreport.com FreeCreditReport.com charges you a monthly fee, read the fine print. They will not reverse the charges. Allen, Texas

*Consumer Comment: For future reference.

I went to FreeCreditReport.com and purchased for $31.00 a full report for my wife and got a free report for myself. I did not see any ongoing membership agreement, and thought I was purchasing a one time credit report. One month later I saw two charges for $19.99 each, for my wife and me. When I called FreeCreditReport.com to find out about my charges and have them reversed, they refused saying that I agreed to the membership services and in fact signed up for them. I argued that this information must have been in the fine print or some how obscured, because I would have never agreed to paying $40.00 per month for a membership. They apologized and basically said that was too bad, we re not refunding anything. I called my bank (Chase) and they said that because I agreed to the terms (even though it may have been in fine print) they could do nothing in getting my money back.

So shame on me for not reading the fine print! I learned a valuable lesson and it cost me $40.00. However I believe that reputable companies should make it very clear, that if you do not choose (NO) to a membership contract you will be billed. I should be able to opt out of a membership with reoccurring billing while I am on the sign up page, and not find this information hidden throughout a terms and condition statement.

Hope this helps you from becoming the next victim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 09:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freecreditreportcom/Allen-Texas-75013/Freecreditreportcom-FreeCreditReportcom-charges-you-a-monthly-fee-read-the-fine-print-980106. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freecreditreport.com

For future reference.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Freecreditreport.com is notorious on this site for not being free.  Most people know that they are allowed to get one free report per year from each credit bureau, but they don't know where to get it.    The following website is the only site where you can obtain these free reports :