Complaint Review: freecreditreport.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: Wander! — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
freecreditreport.com

freecreditreport.com through Green And Devans Phony Job posting... attempt to rope you into buying into the scam from freecreditreport.com Internet

I applied for a job on indeed.com, and was contacted by a company by the name of Green and Devans. I  was instructed to complete an internet screener for a job interview, which I did until the last page.

Once I got to this page, I was instructed to click on a link that would help me obtain a free credit report, which I then need to provide this employer with  the customer registration number. I was confused and instantly suspicious, so I clicked on it, and lo and behold, it took me to free creditreport.com, and I'm sure you know that this website is a scam.

Nevertheless, the real scam lies in the fact that I applied for a job on a reputable internet job board, received confirmation of the job application, and then received an invitation to complete this pre-interview screener.

I have included screenshots of the website to assist in identifying the website.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freecreditreportcom/internet/freecreditreportcom-through-Green-And-Devans-Phony-Job-posting-attempt-to-rope-you-int-945693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freecreditreport.com