Complaint Review: freecreditreport.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: Lady rae — Austin Texas U.S.A.
freecreditreport.com
PO Box 19729 Irvine, California United States of America

freecreditreport.com Dishonest Business Practices Irvine California

Its not free.  But thats not the issue, I never expect that.  The issue is apparently this company manipulates the data they provide in an attempt to keep someone using their services longer than might be necessary then if you terminate their services, they attempt to scare you into returning.

I was fixing my credit and decided to use them to have 24/7 access to my reports and get immediate information about things I was fixing and satisfying.  I felt this was a good option to monitor my credit through the home loan approval for me then built so I needed to monitor my credit longer.  Getting close to closing, knowing where my credit was and that I was on track, I cancelled my services with freecreditreport.com.  Thats when I learned about their underhanded business practices.

I was forced to listen to several minutes of an operating trying to talk me out of my decision.  The final carrot was that suddenly the service could be available for a fraction of what they charge.  Why dont they just offer a fair price and be done with it?  I stood firm and cancelled.  Then, within ten (10) days of cancelling (while I was finishing out the last two weeks of the current billing month), I get my final monthly status E-mail telling me my credit score dropped.  I go through the links on the E-mail and it is now showing my short has dropped to below what I need for my final approval on my mortgage.  I, as you can expect freaked out and immediately made a phone call to my realtor because I had to fix this problem.

After talking me down from the wall, my agent checked with my lender and they independently ran my credit to see what was going on.  The fact Im suddenly told my credit score dropped drastically was illogical under the circumstances since everything I had done was positive and it was impossible it could have dropped.

Well, not only had my credit score not dropped but it was a full 60 points higher than the freecreditreport.com was claiming.  Not only that but after reviewing all the E-mails from freecreditreport.com and comparing it against what my lender pulled, my credit score was consistently 20 to 40 points higher than anything freecreditreport.com was telling me it was including where I really was when I started and where freecreditreport.com was telling me I was.

Since this occurred over an eight month period of time, I do not think it is a mistake on anyones part that freecreditreport.com was deliberately giving me information that my credit score was lower than it was so I would continue believing I needed to monitor it but that they also want people to have something happen that scares then into returning.  They want them to get that report telling them all their hard work was for nothing so they think OMG, I have to keep monitoring my credit because something bad happened.

Stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freecreditreportcom/Irvine-California-92623-9729/freecreditreportcom-Dishonest-Business-Practices-Irvine-California-832766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freecreditreport.com