Complaint Review: freecreditscore.com

• Submitted: Thu, May 05, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, May 05, 2011

• Reported By: greydogladyrx — Markleville Indiana USA
freecreditscore.com

freecreditscore.com Charged 29.95 for "free" credit score, advertised as free; escalation department finally agreed to refund--we'll see Internet

I signed up for a "FREE Trial & FREE Credit Score", was told online that no fee would be assessed if it was cancelled within 9 days, cancelled within 1 day, was charged $29.95. When I called 'Peter', he said the montlhy membership fee of $14.95 is what was free if I cancelled within 9 days. I said there was nothing on the 2 webpages that indicated there was any kind of fee for anything if cancelled within the 9 days. 'Peter' said they'd refund only the $14.95. I said I wanted a supervisor or I WOULD seek an attorny's aid because this is fraudulent advertising. They sent me to the "escalation" unit and 'Chris' got on the phone and said they would refund the full $29.95 within 7-10 days. We'll see if they actually do so. Meanwhile, they have access to, and use of, my $29.95, and I don't!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2011 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freecreditscorecom/internet/freecreditscorecom-Charged-2995-for-free-credit-score-advertised-as-free-escalation-726034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freecreditscore.com