Complaint Review: Freedom Cheverolet

• Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: Ella — Dallas, TX Texas
Freedom Cheverolet
8008 Marvin D Love FWY Dallas, Texas USA

Freedom Cheverolet Sold me a car that was a recall/ refuse to refund extended warranty charge Dallas Texas

I purchased a 2008 pre-owned Ford Escape XLT in may 28,2012. The odometer read 77174 miles. March 10,2013 I was parking the car I was breaking at 5 mph. The Accelerator stuck and I went flying through the air at 40mph jumped a fence and crashed into a large tree in a ravine and was pinned in. Two guys saw the crash and got me out. The impact was so hard I was afraid it might burst into flames. I was taken to UT Southwestern Medical Hospital. XRay revealed I suffered a dislocated spinal cord and hematomas, bruises and swelling on both legs.

I only had the car 10 months when crash happened. I had only driven it 3000 miles. I purchassed an extended warranty for 2 years or 24000 miles which ever came first. The warranty cost $ 2300.00 for 2 years, since I only had the car 10 months before it had to be totaled. I ask for a partial refund of the policy cost. They said they could not do it.

National Carolina Consumer Council (NCCC) has petitioned (NHTSA) for a defect investigation of alleged throttle body failurs in 2005-2012 Ford Escape vehicles;

I need some legal help to assort who is liable for this accident.

My medical bill is $ 7892.00 and counting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 11:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Cheverolet/Dallas-Texas-75237/Freedom-Cheverolet-Sold-me-a-car-that-was-a-recall-refuse-to-refund-extended-warranty-c-1054257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Cheverolet