Complaint Review: Freedom Fitness

• Reported By: Lotus_Eater — Cave Creek Arizona
Freedom Fitness
Cave Creek, Arizona USA

Freedom Fitness BEWARE OF THIS PLACE! Cave Creek Arizona

I hate, no, I LOATHE this company. First of all, the gym is always way too hot because they are too cheap to keep it cool; the equipment is old and often "out of order". When I signed up with the gym, one of the benefits they touted was "free clean towels" but of course after I signed up, that went away. Now, if that was all there was to say, I'd probably give these guys a 3 star rating, but it's not, that's just the beginning. After my first (contracted) year or so, I noticed on my credit card statement that the fees had gone up $10 or so a month (on a $50 per month payment).

I called them up to ask what the deal was and they said "err, yes, we raised your monthly charges" without telling me, they just hit my credit card!, so I went in to the gym and filled out a cancelation form. 2 months later they were STILL hitting my credit card so I went back in and apparently they "lost" my form so I filled out another one and they said they would take care of it. I also canceled my credit card at this point so they couldn't keep hitting it. Jump forward another 2 months and I start getting threatening phone calls from their billing company saying I owed for ANOTHER 2 months after the 2nd cancelation!! I fought with them for about 6 months and today I just got a collection letter through the mail. I'm done so I'm paying it and to hell with them.

You decide if you want to deal with a company like this. I suggest thinking very carefully about giving them your credit card number if you do decide to use them though. There are better places in town the (((competitor's name redacted))) is half the price and much nicer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Fitness/Cave-Creek-Arizona-85331/Freedom-Fitness-BEWARE-OF-THIS-PLACE-Cave-Creek-Arizona-1085296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Fitness