Complaint Review: Freedom Mortgage Co

• Submitted: Thu, December 28, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 30, 2011

• Reported By:magna Utah
Freedom Mortgage Co
Freedom Mortgage Corp Loancare Serv. Isaoa Atima P.o. Box 202049 Florence, South Carolina U.S.A.

Freedom Mortgage Co FLAKY FREEDOM MORTGAGE CORP Florence South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Change your name

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Wrong Company Cited

I have to agree with the last complaint. They promised us a 5.5% loan to be closed within two weeks,that was the end of October, it is now the end of December and it is still in underwriting. Every couple of days they want something else. to top it off, Justin, told us he would reimburse us half of the $350 appraisal fee because we are on a fixed income.We have yet to see a check or even a copy of the appraisal we paid for. My husband is on permanant disability due to several medical problems. We have sent them the award letter stating so, and the still want a letter from the Dr. saying he will be disabled,and receiving disability for the next three years.What does PERMANANT mean to them.

Chris
magna, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 03:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Mortgage-Co/Florence-South-Carolina-29501-2049/Freedom-Mortgage-Co-FLAKY-FREEDOM-MORTGAGE-CORP-Florence-South-Carolina-227495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Mortgage Co

Change your name

AUTHOR: Jeff Miller - (United States of America)

Mr. Davis, you should really consider changing the name of your company. Freedom Mortgage is a very large lender licensed in all 50 states, and does wholesale business with brokers in all states. I've had personal dealings with them and, trust me, you do not want the name of your firm associated with theirs. They are the most disorganized, dysfunctional, non-communicative, and slooooow lender I've ever dealt with.

As the poet wrote, Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Wrong Company Cited

AUTHOR: Roosevelt - (U.S.A.)

The company cited "Freedom Mortgage Co" does not operate in Florence, South Carolina. My company "Freedom Mortgage" is the only similarly named company licensed to operate in Florence, South Carolina. Additionally we only originate loans in the state of South Carolina.

I would suggest that the writer contact their lender to verify the correct address of the mortgage company and/or lender with whom they closed their loan.

While many companies share similar names, I would appreciate the writer investigating this matter and posting the necessary corrections to clarify that my company "Freedom Mortgage" is not the company she is referencing.

Roosevelt T. Davis