Complaint Review: Freedom Mortgage

• Submitted: Fri, January 19, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2008

• Reported By:Bumpass Virginia
Freedom Mortgage
907 Pleasant Valley Avenue, Suite 3 Mt. Laurel, New Jersey U.S.A.

Freedom Mortgage - ELeadZ ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing and scam artists Mt. Laurel New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: rebuttal to this persons claims

January 19, 2007 WARNING!! FREEDOM MORTGAGE, WITH eLeadZ. Beware of dealing with this company as they will lie to you in order to get your bank account number, then they will fraudulently debit $600 out of your bank account immediately, without signed authorizations, returned phone calls, or signed loan authorization papers.

On January 12,2007, I was searching the net for competitive lenders. Freedom Mortgage rep, James Morawski, promptly sent me an email. I called him and he quoted me a lower interest rate, but to lock that rate in, he immediately needed my bank account number. I told him I am on disability. He discussed with me that if I accept their loan, the only cost would be $350.00 for an appraisal. he sent me an email with an authorization form to sign and fax back to him to lock in the rate, in which I declined to do so. I told him I was undecided about the loan, to hold off on anything further. He continued to send loan documents and then the letter came that $600 was being debited from my account. These people are scam artists and I would not recommend that anyone do business with them.

Brenda
Bumpass, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2007 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Mortgage/Mt-Laurel-New-Jersey-08054/Freedom-Mortgage-ELeadZ-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-and-scam-artists-Mt-Laurel-231539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Mortgage

rebuttal to this persons claims

AUTHOR: Loan Guy - (U.S.A.)

I work for freedom mortgage. My company doesn't charge $600 at any time throughout the loan process. The woman's complaint was inconsistent. My company charges $350 to lock the rate in and is the only out of pocket expense incurred. THis fee isn't charged until borrower agrees to the loan and sends in documentation. Since my company pays for the appraisal upfront, 350 is very minimal as compared to what the appraisers are charging. Brenda, I'm sorry, get your facts straight. We wouldn't charge anything from your account without your approval of moving forward with the loan. Let alone, never charging $600. How did my company get your banking info. Out of thin air? Obviously you were looking to move forward with the loan.