Complaint Review: freedompop

• Updated: Sat, June 29, 2013

• Reported By: consumerjustice — Atlanta Georgia
freedompop
Internet USA

freedompop freemiumpop all charges are non negotiable Internet

*Author of original report: Reply to Tyg - ()

*General Comment: yet again...

I have followed freedompop since before it began it's service and thought it to be the first real competitor to clear wireless.I started service last month and was impressed with the download speed dispute not having the 500MB free option not offered at all which is the reason i signed up in the first place.

I am a college student and use the internet mostly to do homework for my hybrid courses and takehome test which i haven't been able to do for 3 days.

I am currently sending this message from a fast food resturants wifi and this is where my complaint begins.3 Days ago my account was suspended as i hit the infamous 100MB threshold (which in my mind is data cap regardless of what freedompop says) i had automatic top up disabled and manually topped up.Even after the top up no service.

I was charged for monthly service today and still no service .I top up again hearing about this suppose reactivation fee of 20 dollars and my service is off indicated by my browser redirecting to freedompop stating there is an issue with my account.My account was suspended for "not having a valid payment method"which is odd considering my top up balance was charged to the same card!

I've seen freedompops' swift response to complaints and expect mine to be fully addressed by monday afternoon July 1.My defintion of fully addressed is as follows :reactivation of my suspended account with no charge to me as well as a Full refund of the top ups totaling 20 Dollars.A suggestion would be a clear list of fees before sign up and the option to manually pay the monthly charge.

I believe it would be a common courtesy for freedompop to offer some discount or extra data for this inconvience.I hope to not have this issue reoccur for the remainder of service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2013 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freedompop/internet/freedompop-freemiumpop-all-charges-are-non-negotiable-Internet-1063060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freedompop

Reply to Tyg - ()

AUTHOR: consumerjustice - ()

Perhaps it is a bit unreasonable but hardly defamatory.I suggest you use spellcheck and ask questions first next time.It isn't a 100 MB limit it is an 5GB plan that stops transmitting data at 100 MB therefore serving as a data cap.I am hardly waiting tables and may I suggest you take some anger management classes and stop cyberbullying there are ways to convey a point without hostility.

#2 General Comment

yet again...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Yet again a consumer with highly unrealalistic demands. When are you ppl going to learn. If there was a problem with the payment method then there is a problem. Period. YOU chose to go cheap. YOU chose to go over the 100MB cap. YOU chose to disable autobilling. These are all choices YOU made. Now you expect them to give you  money and data for what? Your choices? Thats as stupid as your request. Companies no longer do this. The consumer has milked ANY caring out of the customer service ppl. Add on top of that the DAILY scams these companies deal with, and now you want something for nothing. And your supposedly the college student.

Try a more realistic appraoch on this. The reactivation of your service and a credit towards your account maybe. The problem will be shown to be created by you. As such, they should be going after you for defamation of character. You CHOSE to post on a public forum complaining about your services when your the cause of your own problem. I hope they do go after you for this, then maybe you will learn a few lessons. And then STILL be stuck waiting tables for all the good your college education did you.