Complaint Review: freelancer.com

• Updated: Wed, September 07, 2011

• Reported By: Narelle — Gawler Australia
freelancer.com
Suite 501, 35 Lime St, Sydney NSW 5000 Internet United States of America

freelancer.com freelancer international Freelancers stole my money and provided nothing of the contracted services Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Freelancer finally makes good

I utilized the freelancer website to have a website built.  I posted the project, got a pile of bids on it and finally selected a developer.

All was going well when the developer became impossibly difficult to deal with and was not doing the work required of him.  I, at this time logged a dispute via the freelancer site there was a negotiation phase where we were unable to come to an agreement so the dispute was escalated to arbitration.  The freelancer who bid on the project...user id WSTIBS paid a $30 arbitration fee.  I was required to do so within 4 days.  No time zones were specified so I worked on NSW time.  I paid the $30 on that same day and it hit freelancers account 2 days later.

The dispute was closed on day 3 and my money was awarded to the developer for the reason 'failure to pay the arbitration fee'.  Clearly I had, even have the bank records to prove it.  The payment was logged correctly via the freelancer system and even their support desk emailed me when queried saying that I could not have logged the payment correctly in any case(intimating some sort of system issue).  The ticket was closed with a too bad, so sad type of response from freelancers support desk.  I have repeatedly requested to speak with a manager and am
just blatantly ignored.

I believe they in breech of not only their own T&C's but also trade practices law...seriously how can I have paid $800 for absolutely nothing and this be classed as a legal transaction?

I even wonder if they kept the money and told the developer that he lost the case....these people are a closed shop, cannot be contacted except via limited email addresses and on googliing their Sydney address it appears their offices are actually least by boost mobile??

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2011 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freelancercom/internet/freelancercom-freelancer-international-Freelancers-stole-my-money-and-provided-nothing-o-772460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freelancer.com

Freelancer finally makes good

AUTHOR: Narelle - (Australia)

I am glad to be able to report that once I spoke with the legal team at freelancer my money was refunded promtly after they realised that perhaps my request was reasonable.

I am very grateful that common sense has prevailed and retract my comments made about freelancer stealing or scamming.

Should you need a resolution try legal@freelancer.com