Complaint Review: freelancer.com

• Updated: Sun, August 04, 2013

• Reported By: ScammedByFreelancer.com — Grand Prairie Texas
freelancer.com
Suite 52, Jones Bay Wharf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd Pyrmont, New South Wales Australia

FreeLancer.com Limited My Account to Steal My Money Prymont New South Wales Australia

*General Comment: Same Here

*UPDATE Employee: I would like to help you with your account issue!

Freelancer.com is nothing but a Scam. I deposited a little bit over $100. There is nothing wrong with my Paypal payments. No charged back or anything.

Then they limited my account asking for ID, Proof of Address, picture of me holding a verification code. I submitted all of these but they asked for more ID, more address verification, more picture of me hold the verification code. They said my account is linked to someone else account but I have NO IDEA who they are.

The worst part is they refused to refund my money nor lift the limited on my account. They limited my account so you can keep my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freelancercom/Pyrmont-New-South-Wales-2009/FreeLancercom-Limited-My-Account-to-Steal-My-Money-Prymont-New-South-Wales-Australia-1072939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freelancer.com

#1 General Comment

Same Here

AUTHOR: Generic Sites - ()

Basically deposited money just a little over $150. Hired 3 freelancers. 1st one stole my money without any work done and nothing was done about it. 2nd one tried to do a job but couldn't but paid them a small fee for their efforts and did not give them a bad review (out of pity). 3rd one did a fantastic job on the next job I had posted.

Then freelancer.com limited my account. Started to ask for my DL, proof of address and so forth. I told them to give me my money back and close the account except on the 3rd job. They kept trying to get more info on a already business verified PayPal account.

Finally got feed up with the run around and charged back on them with PayPal. They kept the money and also some of the freelancers contacted me back and said they had the money taken back from them. So they got my money and then screwed the freelancers (no pity for the 1st thief) out of their money.

Free labor and stole money from me! Internet Fraud and Theft. What a pack of thieves. PayPal should pull this companies account.

DO NOT USE FREELANCER.COM OR WORK FOR THEM. THEY ARE THIEVES!

I would like to help you with your account issue!

AUTHOR: Jenna_Freelancer - ()

Hi there,

I'm Jenna from Freelancer.com. I understand that your account currently has an issue. I would like to assist you on this. Please send me an email to support@freelancer.com containing your username. Be reminded to direct the email to me by putting my name on the title so I would easily get it.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,