Complaint Review: freescore.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 13, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2013

• Reported By: Jamie — New York City New York United States of America
freescore.com

freescore.com truecredit.com Billed my card for a 7-day free credit report trial, on the 6th day. Internet

WATCH OUT FOR 7-DAY TRIAL PERIOD IF YOU LIVE IN EASTERN TIME ZONE. (funny story)

Nowhere on freescore.com's website will you be made aware (innocent enough though) that enrollment to their offer is based on the enrollment office's time & location, which is Nebraska CST (Central Standard)... NOT YOUR EASTERN TIME ZONE, which is one hour ahead.

If you initiate the order east of CST, you will already be a day into your offer IF YOU DO IT WITHIN THE FIRST HOUR OF YOUR DAY...

You see, I enrolled on a Wednesday, early morning 12:11am, they started the clock on/as the prior Tuesday, late night 11:11pm.

According to them, 49 minutes later, I already completed my first day of my 7-day free trial. [continued below]....
..... Haha, I thought I was just getting started!

When I tried to cancel (with ten hours left to go on my clock), the customer rep. had to laugh because this was a first for him. He was really sorry that the first month's charge ($14.95) had to go through, Youre a day late according to us.

But he was so enthusiastic to put me through to his supervisor, knowing already in advance, the innocents of all this would most definitely grant me a refund... Man, was he wrong.

The supervisor was truly a product of her profession: apathetic, unyielding, irreverent, and quite frankly, just a beeyotch. She just kept circling around one inference, why'd I wait until the last moment to cancel?

First of all, you hole of a big ass, if your confirmation e-mail doesn't state the exact day, and time (including time zone) of the offer commencing, shouldn't it be based on my time? The confirmation e-mail came with MY DOCUMENTED TIME, not your implied time.

I could not believe that after ten minutes of this dog and tail BS, I had to raise my voice to let her understand my very valid point, "I am not a day late to cancel, I am in fact ten hours early!
Only then did she give me a refund number and inform me that a credit was forthcoming.

Talk about burning any chance of me ever using them again. And the sad thing is, I really liked their product. Their FICO score section and 3-in-1 report is clear, very approachable and easy to use.

Hmm, I wonder if youd get a free day if you lived west of their enrollment office..?... Head hurts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/freescorecom/internet/freescorecom-truecreditcom-Billed-my-card-for-a-7-day-free-credit-report-trial-on-the-6-1013803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on freescore.com