Complaint Review: friendfinder.com

• Updated: Thu, September 02, 2010

• Reported By: Alex — Los Angeles California United States of America
friendfinder.com
220 Humbolt Ct Sunnyvale, California United States of America

friendfinder.com various, inc. fake members, members asking for money, scam site, fake dating site Sunnyvale, California

Members of this site are sometimes obviously fake.  The company will no doubt tell you they only have limited control of this, but in reality they are exactly behind it.  I am guessing they create a huge network of worldwide individuals to work the members for money.  Here is a conversation with a girl who clearly just wanted me to just pay her outright:

Jessica Jones:

well,the only bill that i will want you to help with is the internet bills

i will just need $1000 every month from you

hope you can help me with that

Me:

you need a sugar daddy! you can get one. there's even a site like that. I think it's called sugardaddy.

I'm trying to help, for real. check it out... sugardaddie.com

Jessica Jones:

so how much will you afford to send to me every month

Me:

I'm not willing to send you anything! I am looking for friends and dating, not like pay offs!

Jessica Jones:

sure,,i will like to be with you there

Me:

I don't get you. are you for real? have you ever gotten someone to pay you like that?

Jessica Jones:

i am also looking for long term relationship

Me:

are you a call girl or something?

nope

dancer?

Jessica Jones:

well,i am not here for games ok

well,i will need to go now

i will talk with you later

This is obviously one of their rouge members who went off script and just wanted to scam me for herself.  Most of them keep straight in line with some kind of fake persona that they use to try to dig money out of you, or personal information that they can use for identity theft.

Another member by the name of Mellisa Cole claimed she was traveling out-of-the-country (first in England, then in the Phillipenes!) and came back just to talk to me.  She was listed as being in Los Angeles but lives in San Francisco (or says she does).

The member above, Jessica Jones, also is listed as being in Los Angeles but is 200 miles away in some small town in middle California, and initially asked me to pay her to drive down to me.  She also claims she lost hearing in *both* ears as a result of an automobile accident.

A third member ALSO claims to be out of the country, in Akure city, Nigera, Africa.  Claims to live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  She got me to call her on an international number and kept asking me to keep trying.  I am waiting to see what my phone bill looks like.  She even called ME once, but hung up immediately, claiming it is costing her too much money.

These "members" collect your private information by engaging you in yahoo chats.  That is their modus operandi.

BE AWARE.  DO NOT VISIT OR JOIN FRIEND FINDER.  I have read reports on this site that people are being billed without even giving out their credit card number.  Internet sites seem to indicate this site if loaded with popups and adware, but I am very heavily protected against these things so I have not noticed them or been alerted to them on my PC.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2010 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/friendfindercom/Sunnyvale-California-94089/friendfindercom-various-inc-fake-members-members-asking-for-money-scam-site-fake-dat-636931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on friendfinder.com