Complaint Review: Frigidaire

• Submitted: Tue, June 11, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: sgorcz — brunswick Ohio
10200 david taylor dr charlotte, North Carolina USA

Frigidaire Frgidaire Gallery dishwasher gaskets keep falling off after less than a year resulting in leaking dishwasher charlotte North Carolina

Purchased Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher model # FGHD2465NF0A on June 28, 2012. Dishwasher worked fine until April of 2013. We woke up to a huge puddle of water on our wood floor. Called Frigidaire; they gave me the names of appliance repair companies so that I could call and schedule service. The first company came out, found that the gasket around the inside of the door was damaged and replaced it. Three days later I opened the dishwasher and the gasket was hanging from the upper rack; it had fallen completely off. I called a different repair company that Frigidaire had given me. They came out and replaced that gasket. This time they also used silicone to secure the gasket to the door of the dishwasher. Not long after that, the dishwasher stopped draining and had standing water in the bottom. Once again the repairman came out. It turns out that a little plastic cap that is part of the dishwasher rack had fallen off and blocked the drain.

Here we are in June 2013 and once again I see that the gasket is coming off the door again. I called Frigidaire and spoke with Joy Goldman who said that since the dishwasher did not leak, it is not really a malfunction; hence, I may be responsible for part of the service bill. I stated that the gasket is falling off and will certainly cause a leak if it is not repaired. (My wood floors in my entire first floor are absolutely ruined already and need to be replaced per two different companies that I called for an estimate.) She then checked with the repaiman and told me that I will not be responsible for the bill. The repairman came today and replaced the gasket, again using silicone to affix it to the door. He called in to the Frigidaire tech line to tell them that the dishwasher itself is bowed, and that is causing the gasket to be damaged and fall off repeatedly. The lady on the tech line, Shamika, told him to "hit it with a rubber mallet". Sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? The fact that Frigidaire's "tech experts" would advise a repairman to hit my dishwasher with a rubber mallet to fix it is just astoundingly ridiculous. My repairman, quite understandably, said "No".

So here I am on June 11, 2013 left with a dishwasher that is structurally damaged. A gasket that has been damaged or completely fallen off three times now in the past two months, and that will almost certainly continue to fall off due to the bowing of the dishwasher. Conveniently for Frigidaire, my one year warranty expires on June 28, 2013. I have asked them for a replacement and they have said No. I explained to them that my floors are ruined, this dishwasher has an ongoing problem that is going to continue to be a problem and they do not care. They said they will not replace a unit unless it is deemed "unrepairable" by the repairman. The Frigidaire tech's professional advice is to hit it with a rubber mallet, so if that's their protocol for fixing dishwashers, I wonder how it can ever be deemed "unrepairable"? Joy told me that even if a repairman deems it unrepairable, Frigidaire will then "review" it and make a decision on whether or not they agree and will replace the unit. I asked her what the review process is and she told me she could not tell me that information. It is "insider info" that I do not have the right to know. I understand that not every dishwasher Frigidaire makes is going to be perfect. But their customer service has been very disappointing. They do not care about the customer. They refuse to honor their warranty and replace this defective dishwasher. Since they refuse to make this right, I will know better in the future than to buy any Frigidaire or Electrolux product. They don't stand behind them and now I as the consumer am left with a dishwasher I have to worry about leaking every time I run it, and ruined wood floors on top of that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 04:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frigidaire/charlotte-North-Carolina-28262/Frigidaire-Frgidaire-Gallery-dishwasher-gaskets-keep-falling-off-after-less-than-a-year-1058371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frigidaire