Complaint Review: Frontier Communications

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Hillsboro Oregon
Frontier Communications
1398 S. Woodland blvd Deland, Florida USA

Frontier Communications False Advertising, Failure to abide by terms of contract, Failure to respond to concerns Deland Florida

I signed up for Frontier services (internet and television) after receiving a flyer advertising an apple gift card and free installation. When I signed up for services I reviewed the charges with their phone representative Tanya who told me my first bill would be for $179.97. My first bill was for $416.33 and included nearly $200 in installation and activation charges. I fought with them for several months, and not just over these charges, but other things. They made my account number out of a phone number that wasn't mine but wouldn't fix it. I made mulitple attempts to cancel my account after they continually failed to refund the installation fees but they kept billing me- and on one occasion even told me that I would be charged to have a tech come out to disconnect my service.

And when the service finally did turn off they sent me the wrong size box to return my equipment.

I contacted the BBB and they conceded that they failed to ever send me the apple gift card and would remove that amount from what they say I owe them (they haven't). They also stated that their advertisement was only for free internet installation - though that doesn't explain why the representative told me otherwise. Had I known that I would be charged so much I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!

And lastly, they claim that I should pay them $200 for an early termination fee because I signed a contract. Yes, I did sign a cotract- but they failed to uphold their end of the contract (the gift card they have already admitted), so how is that contract valid?

At any rate, I would strongly advise anyone against signing up for any kind of promotional deal or service with Frontier. The tactics they have used to try to wring as much money out of me as possible are despicable and dishonest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Communications/Deland-Florida-32720/Frontier-Communications-False-Advertising-Failure-to-abide-by-terms-of-contract-Failur-1130181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Communications