Complaint Review: Frontier Communications

• Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Theystolefromme — Spring Creek Nevada
Frontier Communications
1398 S. Woodland Blvd. Suite B Deland, Florida USA

Frontier Communications My phone contract ended 8-16-13 with Frontier. I have been an A+ customer for years with them. I kept the internet service which ends 2-13-14. They are charging me over $300 early termination fee because they say, stopping my pnbhone service changed my internet service! The only way ot get out of paying it was to agree to a 2 year contract for internet service with them, which cost more than it was already! I received threats, and was coerced into this new unwanted contract! How can that be legal? Not to mention that their internet is slow, always out, and I still don't know how these companies are allowed to force us into payments and contracts! Deland Florida

August 16, 2013 my phone contract with Frontier Communications ended.  I stopped the service because I now have a cell phone, we live in a remote area that previously had few choices in phone or internet service.  They then charged me a $300.00 early termination fee.  When I called to argue they told me that stopping my phone service changed my internet service which broke the contract with them for my internet service!  My internet service ends on a separate contract 2-13-14!  After arguing fruitlessly for hours, they said that if I agree to a new 2 year contract for my internet serivce at a higher rate, they would waive the $300.00 early termination fee!

How can this coercion and threats of ruining my credit be legal?  We have been longtime good customers of Frontier and now they give us an ultimatum wiht threats!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Communications/Deland-Florida-32720/Frontier-Communications-My-phone-contract-ended-8-16-13-with-Frontier-I-have-been-an-A-1085007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Communications