Complaint Review: Frontier Communications

• Submitted: Sat, February 02, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Robin — ROCHESTER, NY New York U.S.A.
Frontier Communications
1398 S Woodland Blvd Suite B Deland, FL 32720 Rochester, New York United States of America

Frontier Communications Non Disclosure Of Hidden Fees and Policies Rochester, New York

On 12-13-2010 I purchased a telephone/internet/tv Dish satellite bundle from Frontier Communications with a 2 year purchase contract agreement.  I was told it would expire on December 13, 2012.  Today I called Frontier to cancel my service and was told that because I didn't cancel on December 13 2012m that I was automatically rolled over to a new service agreement for another 2 years and that if I cancelled my service now I would be charged a termination fee of $200 to $300.  This was never explained to me.  That's not all...  Upon calling Dish Network which was part of this agreement, they told me that because I upgraded my service with them to high Definition tv that this automatically put me under a brand new contract with them and that I would be charged another termination fee of $110.  The reason why I upgraded was that Frontier told me I could get free high definition from Dish if I had my monthly payment automatically deducted from my checking account...  It was never explained to me by either company that I would be contractually bound to them for another 2 years...  I will file a separate complaint against Dish.  Not Fair!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 03:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Communications/Rochester-New-York-14612/Frontier-Communications-Non-Disclosure-Of-Hidden-Fees-and-Policies-Rochester-New-York-1007912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Communications