barn

• Reported By: fryssucks — United States of America
Frys Electronics
Bay Area, California United States of America

Frys Electronics Beware of Frys warranty Bay Area, California

If I can take a full page newspaper ad to tell everyone to not waste their monies with Frys warranty, I would do it in a heart beat. I took a laptop to Frys that I bought 4 months ago with a 2 year warranty. They first guy told me that my damage was not covered by warranty. Then a new guy came along and told me that he would do this as a \"favor\" but I would have to leave the computer with him.

I then point out that per my warranty if my computer is not fixed within a day, they have to give me a loaner. He reluctantly agrees and then informs me that he doesnt have the same computer in this store but asked me to go to another store.

So, I drive to the other store and they start me with the same story. I have now spent 90 minutes on this problem. Finally he agrees to get me a loaner but he wont let me swap drives. That is against policy. He doesnt show any policy statement that indicated this.

So, I am left with getting a loaner on which I have to load all my backups, my software before I can take the loaner. I asked him how this was possible and he told for a fee he would do it.

So, essentially their warranty will give you a loaner but you are on your own -- you have to backup the data and load new programs on the new laptop. They will keep the laptop 8-12 weeks and then tell you if they are able to fix it.

In my opinion, this is a huge scam. Most people will just give up while Frys amasses millions by not honoring any of the warranties. I asked them to show me how to complain, and within seconds he produced this complaint slip and gave me his card and told me I was free to complain. They just dont care.

I would love to hear what can be done to stop this scam. Seems plain wrong, especially in a down economy. If there was a lawyer willing to do a class action suit on this warranty scam, I am sure there will be a huge number of disgruntled customers willing to sign up.

Their executives have been living it up -- one of their executives was spending millions at Vegas and is being indicted. I have bought laptops at  (((competitors' names redacted))) with warranties -- at (((redacted))), it took exactly one hour and I got a replacement with my drive. Avoid Frys -- they are a low price leader and also a low ethics leader.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-Electronics/Bay-Area-California-/Frys-Electronics-Beware-of-Frys-warranty-Bay-Area-California-530184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frys Electronics