Complaint Review: Fucillo Auto Mall, Adams, NY

10499 U.S. Rte. 11, PO Box 148, Adams, New York United States of America
  • Phone: 315-232-4504
  • Web:
  • Category:

Fucillo Auto Mall, Adams, NY Financed me at a very high rate for 75 mos instead of 60. (I have impeccable credit---over 800 score) Adams, New York

*Consumer Comment: Fuccilo

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response to 2009 Ipmala purchase

*General Comment: Take responsibility

On 1/31/10, I traded in my 2007 Toyota Camry for a 2009 Chevy Impala.  I went to Fucillo Auto Mall as I was told of their good reputation.  My experience, however, was not good.  I did have a decent salesman.  The Finance Manager, however, is terrible.  Let me first start with the fact that I have an over 800 credit score.  I did not realize that the Finance Manager set me up with 8.49% financing for 75 mos.  I would never go over 60 mos. (Did not know you could, and would not).  I  told the salesman that I wanted to go 60 mos. financing.  When I returned home, after 100 miles of travel, I realized what the paper work said, that I, of course, stupidly signed.  I did call and left a message for the Finance Manager.  He called back and his attitude was "Well, all the paperwork was gone over with you."  "We would never do anything shady".   I explained to him that I would never finance an automobile for 75 mos. and wanted to know why my interest rate was so high.  He made no offer to change or  help me out with this matter.  I, at first,   was going to purchase a new 2009 with no mileage, because I thought the interest rate would be lower on a new automobile, but the Sales Manager told me that would not make a difference.  I now know that this is not true.

I think it is very sad, that after purchasing a $21,000 item, that I now have to go out and find my own financing.  I have purchased enough vehicles to know that it is up to the dealership to find the best interest rates for their customers.    Especially for someone that has an impeccable credit rating.  I did sign the paperwork as I had 5o pieces of paper come my way.  Don't they have to ask a person if they want to finance over 6o mos.?   I honestly did not know that you could do that with an automobile and certainly would have refused to on an already 1 year old vehicle.  By the way, the Finance Manager's name is Jeremy Jennings and I have a very big mouth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2010 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fucillo-Auto-Mall-Adams-NY/Adams-New-York-13605/Fucillo-Auto-Mall-Adams-NY-Financed-me-at-a-very-high-rate-for-75-mos-instead-of-60--565864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fucillo Auto Mall, Adams, NY

Fuccilo

AUTHOR: Prissy - (U.S.A.)

There's no rip off here.  Just a woman who's head was obviously somewhere else while the finance manager was going over the contract.  And now she is trying to tarnish the name of the company and the finance manager.  Her big mouth is going to get her into more trouble than she can handle.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response to 2009 Ipmala purchase

AUTHOR: jarime jennings - (United States of America)

My name is J. Jennings and I am the business manager here at Fuccillo Chevrolet and I wanted to respond to the comment posted on rip off report. First of all I have been employed in the business for 14 years and 8 of them have been in finance here at the Fuccillo Automotive Group I take my job and customer satisfaction very seriously, I have never nor would I mislead any customers. At all Fuccillo dealerships across the state we maintain full disclosure from start to finish so the customer knows were they are at the whole way through the deal. I did receive a call from this customer on my voice mail in which I called her back and got no response. The customers husband called me back and apologized for her call, I advised him that I pulled her deal and reviewed it and right from the start the 75 mo term was clearly written on the sales worksheet before the customer even came into the finance office. Once the customer came into the finance office, a finance and insurance menu was presented with all of her warranty options on it as well as term and rate, the customer choose a warranty package initialed the form with the term payment and rate, then there was the bank contract she signed was all the figures clearly broken out. I explained to the customers husband that we use several banks and there are several factors that come into play when a rate is issued like year of the vehicle, advance, the term, and credit worthiness. I told the customers husband that I would be more than happy to go over this with her if she wanted to call me, or she had the choice to re-finance through another bank and there would be no penalty, I would provide her bank with whatever they needed to re-finance if she wished. The husband told me no problem he would have her call me and she never did.

#3 General Comment

Take responsibility

AUTHOR: brownsong - (USA)

Something bothers me about your report. After reading it over a couple times, I realize that on several occasions you admit wrongdoing, however, you are willing to try to  tarnish a company's reputation online. You say the finance manager was terrible, however, you admit to "stupidly" signing the paperwork. The manager did call you back, which many unscrupulous managers don't do. You don't deny his claim that all the paperwork was gone over with you. Then you say that you have so much experience purchasing vehicles and that it is up to the dealership to find good rates. With so much experience and such a great rating, this surprises me, because it is NOT up to them to agree to the final terms, it is up to you and you alone. You say "Don't they have to ask a person if they want to finance over 60 months?" No, their job is to find you a loan. Your job is to negotiate with them until agreeable terms are met, then when the "50 pieces of paper" are shoved at you, you should make sure those terms are on paper. "

I noticed that your complaint is the only one on this site against this company. And you freely admit to having a big mouth. As a consumer with so much experience, you shoud know that having a big mouth will get doors slammed in your face. Maybe if you had calmly and politely explained your problem you may have had a better response, but ultimately, it seems to me that it was your fault.

I am in my late forties, and I also have bought many cars, my first when I was only 19, at a dealership with financing. I remember clearly asking "Ummm... so where does it say where the monthly payment is?" They showed me, then I said, "and where does it say for how long?", etc. Even at that young age, I took responsibility. I suggest you do too, and take this silly report down.