Complaint Review: Fudge Town Interiors

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Pam — Corning Iowa United States of America
Fudge Town Interiors
517 Davis Ave Corning, Iowa United States of America

Fudge Town Interiors Fudge Town Interiors - Damaged Furniture and will not refund or replace Corning, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: Appalled

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Embarrassed Owner of Fudge Town Interiors Corning Iowa

I met Heather Downing, one of the owners of Fudge Town Interiors of Corning Iowa  phone number 641-322-3440 at their recent open house.  Heather noted that she is a former employee of Brymon's Interiors of Atlantic Iowa (www.brymons.com) and grew up in Stanton, Iowa.

Heather and I looked around her showroom and we decided it would be best for her to come to my home.   She came out a few weeks later with samples.  I ended up ordering a new bedroom suite, complete dining room set as well as new furniture pieces for my formal living room area.  A few weeks after this, I was out at the Red Bull in Corning Iowa after a girls night out at the newly renovated Opera House www.corningoperahouse.com and  ran into Heather Downing who was obviously severely intoxicated.  While engaging in a conversation she said she used to work at Creston Community Schools www.crestonschools.org.  By now I trusted Heather enough to let her know of by lesbian sexual orientation, Heather stated she was married in 2005 and the marriage started going south approx a year later.  While at the Red Bull she let me know that some of my new furniture pieces were in and currently at the store in Corning at 517 Davis Ave.  Once we were down at the store she began to undress and asked me to join her to fulfill her lesbian fantasy on one of my new furniture pieces on the showroom floor.  After we were getting dressed she confided with me further and stated how she had hated one of her workers Jan and how she was old and dressed distastefully.  She wanted workers that were more upbeat and modern.

She also went on about how she loved living on her acreage just outside of Corning and how she would make sure that her husband did not get it when she filed for divorce. She also went on to discuss how Nebraska Furniture Mart www.nfm.comwas sueing them.

When they delivered my furniture recently they severely scratched several of my pieces and would not replace any of them, nor refund any of my money since I paid in full upfront.  I would never do business with this circus again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2013 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fudge-Town-Interiors/Corning-Iowa-50841/Fudge-Town-Interiors-Fudge-Town-Interiors-Damaged-Furniture-and-will-not-refund-or-repl-1024167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fudge Town Interiors

Appalled

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

As a concerned local citizen I am appalled at this post. This statement is entirely defamatory, off-topic,  and does nothing to resolve the concern. What sort of horrible human being airs this kind of irrevocable, uncorroborated dirty laundry
The first and last two sentences were all that were necessary and appropriate.

The rest is cowardly and defamatory, and tainted with the stench of someone with an axe to grind, casting doubt on not only the sordid content of the middle few sentences, but the very premise of the complaint itself. It is clearly a disgruntled person's deliberate attempt to soil the personal and business reputation of the Downings and Fudge Interiors, and none of it should be believed, let alone published. There is a system in place for resolving disputes like this: Small Claims Court.

I think a defamation suit and subpoenas for the author(s) of this post should bring this to a nice tidy conclusion. Anyone who makes this kind of statement should be ashamed of themselves and prepared to defend it in person in a court of law.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Embarrassed Owner of Fudge Town Interiors Corning Iowa

AUTHOR: Heather Downing Owner of Fudge Town - (United States of America)

I am deeply embarrassed that you would share such a private intimate event publicly.  I do not believe that there was anything wrong with your furniture. Quit lying.

Victor