• Report: #205157

Complaint Review: funmobile.com Funmobile, Fun Mobile Messaging Verizon Wireless Cellphone Premium Messaging

• Submitted: Tue, August 08, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2006

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
Level 39, Citigroup Centre, 2 Park Street, Nationwide Australia

funmobile.com Funmobile, Fun Mobile Messaging ,Verizon Wireless Cellphone Premium Messaging ripoff scam unauthorized charges Sydney, Australia ASIA Brussles INTERNET FRAUD

I was hit by charges to my verizon bill forfunmobile. They promised free ring tones or something like that. Funmoblile.com is a rip-off. They make weekly charges because they know consumers of VERIZON are billed monthly and will only see a free text messages on their bill. It's not till the bill is sent out that VERIZON shows the charges. Verizon are scum bags too, in that respect.

I was able to get a FULL refund for $11.98 from VERIZON and it was not worth the effort but ethically it made me feel good. If everyone does what I did, I am sure it will be no more than a years time before Verizon and the other wireless phone, cell phone companies will put a stop to these rediculous text charges.

Here is what I did.

I called (800) 922-0204 VERIZON'S customer service line.

Monday, I talked to a representative who explained to me what had happened. I then talk to his manager. Who explained to me again what had happened and that the charges could not be reversed.

Tuesday, I was still upset about these charges and called the next day and did the same thing.

These calls were about 20-30 minutes each.

Wednesday, I called again and I would not take no for an answer. I first talked to Dustin who's extension is 4820 in Bellview Washington. I talk to him for about 20 minutes and then asked for his manager. He refused to get me a manager, which surprised me, because the other two time I called a manager was easy to talk to, instead he told me he would take down my number and have a manager call me within an hour. I told him that I refuse to give my number out and that I refused to hang up the phone.

I continued talking to him and he told me about the other VERIZON call centers. There are call centers in Salt Lake City which is the call center I called the first two times. (It is easier to talk to a manager in Salt Lake City.) There are also call centers in California and Arizona.

He eventually gave in and I spoke to a manager named Shawn employee number 484154.

I had to talk to Shawn for 45 minutes untill he finally gave me a $11.98. He threatened to hang up the phone on me 2 or 3 times. Even putting it on mute for a few minutes at a time pretending to hang up. I would not hang up and kept telling him how it was wrong to charge people for these types of bills. He did give me a credit for the charges of $11.98 (two weeks worth of charges from funmobile).

I hope you found this usefull and that you will do the same. If a group of people will do this then VERIZON and other companies will not tollerate this funmobile type companies that have offices in everywhere except the American continents.

TIE UP VERIZON'S CUSTOMER SERVICE LINES WITH COMPLAINTS ABOUT THESE FUNMOBILE COMPANIES AND INSIST ON REFUNDS!!!

To get a refund.
-- you must not be beligerent (this gives them a reason to hang up the phone)
-- make sure to get their name and identification, this will give them fear of being reported
-- get their manager's name above them.
-- They will keep a log or a list of your previous calls, this works to your advantage
-- DO NOT HANG UP THE PHONE

COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COMPLAIN

Did you know VERIZON sells bulk messages to these companies for half a cent each (according to Shawn). Don't let the VERIZON rep. tell you that they too are inocent victoms of these companies. The VERIZON rep. will tell you it is the FCC's fault for allowing funmobile to make the charges. VERIZON is at fault too they could provide a block to these charges just like they do for 1-900 numbers. VERIZON is dirty too!

David
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2006 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/funmobilecom-Funmobile-Fun-Mobile-Messaging-Verizon-Wireless-Cellphone-Premium-Messaging/nationwide/funmobilecom-Funmobile-Fun-Mobile-Messaging-Verizon-Wireless-Cellphone-Premium-Messagin-205157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on funmobile.com Funmobile, Fun Mobile Messaging Verizon Wireless Cellphone Premium Messaging