badly

• Submitted: Sun, January 25, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:Sacramento California
Furniture Outlet
5005 Stockton Blvd Sacramento, California U.S.A.

Furniture Outlet manager is deceptive and essentially stole from senior citizens Sacramento California

My parents, who are on a fixed income - went into Furniture Outlet back in October, and after verbal agreements to make monthly payments for furniture my Mom settled on, they went to the main counter. While the manager Ray was drafting up paperwork, he asked to see my father's ID - when my father pulled out his ATM card (with a Visa logo on it) to get his driver's license out - the manager took the card out of my Dad's hand, without his permission.

My Mom yelled at him that it was NOT a credit card, that they DID NOT have the amount of money in there for the furniture and Ray said to her

"You owe the bank now." While they were arguing about it - my Dad thought he was signing the form for the verbally agreed upon monthly payment, and assumed he was using the atm card for the first months payment which was around $45.

Furniture Outlet instead, charged the entire price in the excess of $1200.00

The manager Ray refused to reverse the charges. Top it all off - they did not deliver the furniture. My parents have been disputing this now with their bank since October - and Furniture Oulet repeatedly refuses to reverse the charge.

If the bank does not at this point, stick to my parent's side - they will be acquiring the services of a lawyer.
We also called the report Curtis Ming on the local radio station and told him about it.

If I were anybody reading this - I would not put my money on that store. My Mom said when she got home - their clothes smelled like that place and she couldn't get their odor out of her jacket!

Rhee
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2009 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Furniture-Outlet/Sacramento-California-95820/Furniture-Outlet-manager-is-deceptive-and-essentially-stole-from-senior-citizens-Sacrament-416085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Furniture Outlet