Complaint Review: furnture factory direct

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Brian — Tacoma Washington
furnture factory direct
2402 84th St S tacoma, Washington United States of America

furnture factory direct Sold us the wrong couch then told us we would have to wait 5-9 weeks to get the correct one tacoma, Washington

On April 1st we purchased a couch from Furniture Factory Direct, we were told that the couch would arrive from the warehouse within 24 hrs. On April 4th we picked up our couch. When we got home and opened the box we discovered they gave us the wrong couch, we immediately called the store and was told that Jeff the floor manager would get back to us that evening.

On April 5th I went to the store because no one had returned our phone call. I talked to Jeff the floor manager who told me that he would get the couch from the Lacey store and have it delivered on Thursday April 11th. This also was disappointing because outside of there store is a sign that says "if ordered before 4pm have delivered by that evening". So why should I have to wait for 6 days to get delivered?

On April 11th I called the store to find out what time delivery would be. I was told by Jeff, the floor manager, that the couch that they had in Lacey had been sold over the weekend and that there were no more couch's in stock. I would now have to wait for the next order which would take 5 weeks. Since I was going on vacation the next day I didn't have time to deal with this anymore so I told them to get me a couch ASAP. I was reassured by Jeff that he would get it handled.

I called Jeff on April 22nd when I got home from my vacation to find out the statis of my order only to be told that he would not give me a specific time since I would hold him to that date, wow, REALLY? I believe I have the right to know when my new couch will arrive, I did pay for it back on April 1st. After asking several times I finally asked to speak to the store manager, I was told he was unavailable, I asked for corporate phone number, told I could look it up in the directory. I did just that, I found the Kent Warehouse phone number and called them.

When I called the main office in Kent, Washington I asked to speak to the complaint manager, Dee Dee, the receptionist told me Dee Dee was unavailable but she could take a report and that Dee Dee would get back to me. So I filed a complaint (boy that was a waste of time). The receptionist did call the warehouse Manager to ask the statis of when they order would come in. She informed me that no couch had been ordered as to date. WOW, so my next question when will my couch be available for pickup? I was told that they would get back to me but as of yet they NEVER HAVE CALLED ME BACK.

On April 22nd after I called the main store to file a complaint I got a call from Steve the Tacoma store Manager. I explained to Steve how frustrated I was and that I wanted some answers. Funny when you talk to one person they tell you all kinds of things and then you talk to another person who gives you another story and they are not even similar. The warehouse says that there has not been an order placed, yet Tacoma store says they will have them in stock by May 10th. Hmmm, who do I believe? Jeff told us our couch was in Lacey and got sold over the weekend, yet Steve says there never was a couch there. Why is everyone lying?

In my conversation with Steve, he agreed to give me a "good price" on a coffee table that I also wanted to buy, good faith to keep me happy. BOY WAS THAT A JOKE. I went to the store to buy the coffee table, mind you the coffee table was $359 and Steve told me I could buy it for $319. WOW are you kidding me AGAIN, thats what you call a good price $40, keep your sticken items, refund my money and I will go somewhere else......I have been LIED TO, KICKED IN THE A....TO MANY TIMES. LIES ON TOP OF LIES. BEWARE MAKE THEM PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING BECAUSE THEY WILL LIE TO MAKE A SALE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/furnture-factory-direct/tacoma-Washington-98499/furnture-factory-direct-Sold-us-the-wrong-couch-then-told-us-we-would-have-to-wait-5-9-we-1046923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on furnture factory direct